Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cold outside... but warm to sew inside

I promised more posts this week.  Here you go.
I moved my sewing machine upstairs to a "permanent" spot so I won't have to move it from the dining room table when the family starts arriving tomorrow. This is the view from the window. It's kind of distracting, don't ya think?? vbg


We've had quite a bit of snow in the past 2 days. I showed you my snow blowing prowess already...I had to do the driveway again this morning. Good thing no one was there with a camera as I'm not very adept...the blower would blow the snow off to the side, but then it blew right back onto my face, hat, scarf and gloves. I looked quite the sight.  Anyway, here is our backyard.  We have put some plastic chairs to cover the natural gas line:


Did I say how cold it is? It's in the 20s...and this is Oregon, NOT Wisconsin!!


I want to take Max for a walk but I'll wait until it warms up to 30! Oh and I'll have to put on my "chains" for my boots...those rubbery-things that fit over the soles so I don't slip on the ice!!

I will show you what I'm working on later...putting together some blocks I made for a project I abandoned. My favorite kind of sewing!!

have a great Saturday.

7 comments:

  1. I said it on you last post and I'll say it again--your weather looks like our weather. Do you see usually spend Thanksgiving there in Oregon? If so, is this out of the norm for your location, or not? I just came in from shoveling and DH is out doing more. We don't have a snowblower, but we are on the family farm which has a four-wheeler with a plow--but the battery is dead. Not even chargeable--needs replacing. Since last winter I have been getting some stiffness in my elbows, so this was a new experience shoveling snow with that pain. I don't feel old enough to be dealing with this!!
    I would loved to have seen your "Frosty" imitation after the snowblower got finished with you--I mean, you got through with the snowblower. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool hear in SE Michigan. My son in the Upper Peninsula has snow like you. Stay warm and be safe on your walk. Love your view. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of your snow ---also a lovely picture of the view from your sewing room. Stay cozy warm inside and have fun sewing...looking forward to what you are making!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's pretty chilly here in Western Washington, but no snow yet. The sky is the color of cement, but the rain/snow is holding off for now, which is just fine with me. I lived in Eastern Washington for many years and like the snow just fine, but over here near Seattle people don't know how to drive in the snow and just abandon their cars in the middle of the road. Plus they think that snow tires give them magical powers to drive 60 mph on the ice. I'd just rather not be on the road with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get some "chains" for my shoes!!
    Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do dogs like walking in the snow? I know my dogs don't like the rain - they don't like getting their feet wet! but they're poodles, so that may explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, even Wisconsin doesn't have snow like that yet! Notice I said "yet"! But you can keep it for now. We're suppose to be up to 60 on Thanksgiving day. Great weather for November. I'll bet Max loves the snow!

    ReplyDelete