Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Barn quilts

One of the many things I love about Wisconsin is that there are barn quilts found everywhere.  In fact, the town of Evansville, where our retreat was held, had a tourist map devoted exclusively to finding barn quilts throughout the town. I wasn't too successful at finding all of them but I did get some pictures. We also saw feed sacks on the clothes line!!
I'm hoping one day to have a barn quilt for my  garage here in California. I think my friends could show me how to do one...maybe during quilt show week in July!!




6 comments:

  1. They have done that in Tillamook Oregon but they are all over on businesses. I thought it was kind of cheesy marketing. They do have the textile museum in that town so I know why they did it, but it wasn't appealing to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! The sky is so blue, you must have had beautiful weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the website for the gals I was talking about..they are close to where my cabin is: http://www.ilovebarnquilts.com/

    And their fb page is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quilt-Square-Girls/136129403087814

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love barn quilts. It is fun to spot them where ever they are. Someday I hope to get one.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a barn quilt too for my front porch.let me know if you learn how to make em :0).

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete