Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Time out for some snow play

Central Oregon got hammered yesterday with a huge snow storm. It was beautiful to watch from inside and I got lots of sewing done. 

Today, though, I went out to play in the snow. We have snow shoes and I took Max for a romp through the woods. I thought you'd enjoy a little winter in a blog. Blocks tomorrow!!

I was stumped when I went to mail a letter!!

Our trusty snow blower wasn't so reliable today and wouldn't start so my dh and I started trying to clear a path to get my car out. He's from Minnesota and truly loves shoveling!  Me? Not so much. Luckily, a friend came by with his snow blower that was working. Ours is at the shop having its carburetor soaked!! Who knew??!!

I took Max out and he was loving it. Sadly I wound up on my butt more times than I'd like to admit. Fortunately I was able to get up!!  But not without a fair amount of effort!

See how deep the snow is? Max is a big boy, too!!



Have a glorious Thanksgiving everyone. I'm so grateful for every day, every opportunity to be with friends, my darling grands and my kids, and of course my sweetest husband Mark. 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos. Lovely to look at - from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys got dumped on! It is just starting to snow here tonight. We'll see what we got by morning's light.
    Oh, I hope you can stay on your feet now, and not take chances going down again! : )
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your family Randy !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! I do hope we get some snow here in McMinnville this winter. I'm from the Chicago area originally and we had white Christmases most of the time. I'm thankful for so many things today - even the dirt here in Oregon, that grows more things than the dirt in Texas, where we lived for 32 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful, Randy!! I can almost smell the sweet air of Sunriver! Have a wonderful Holiday, hugs, cw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so beautiful and peaceful. happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete