My friend Claire came over today and I finally had a chance to get some sewing done. I am feeling under the gun to get something done so I worked on the log cabin sew along being run from France. It's due by Monday (thank heavens they gave us a brief continuance!!).
I finally got it put together! Now I just need to quilt it. My plan is to do that on Sunday, after the grandkids go back home.
My project consists of four different groupings of four log cabin blocks. I think we were supposed to do 2 a week, starting in January. The quilting was for March. I did mini blocks, each one measuring maybe 3". I used French General fabrics only. (except for the setting triangles).
The center block is obviously not a log cabin. Those were leftover blocks from the swap I did with Janet O. last year, which I didn't end up using as I didn't care for them. They worked out perfectly in this little piece.
So I'm done! (well, almost).
The finishing instructions for the Goose in the Pond will be posted on Sunday, too. You have a few extra days!