Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Hourglass blocks and more!

In an effort to be a better blogger (and quilter!) I'm posting my progress for you to look at of my green border on the hourglass quilt I'm working on.  In case you don't know, this was a leader/ender project that Bonnie Hunter posted a few years ago.  Ok, so I'm a few years behind... What else is new!! ;-)

I'm happy to say that it's too large for my design wall so it's now on the floor!  I've been using both the accuquilt and my companion ruler.  I find that when I cut them individually, there is a little more wiggle room;  the accuquilt dies cut them very exact, which doesn't allow for much extra.  Some of them were too small. ;-((



After the green, there's a row of neutrals and then I'm doing purples!! They are all brights.  Kind of fun!!

Hope you're having a great (and warm) weekend!

14 comments:

  1. You need to check your 1/4" seam on your sewing machine like Bonnie always say. <:^) All those Go cutter machines don't leave room for 5/8" seams. On the other hand, practice makes perfect so, sew on! You'll get it. I have faith in you. :^D You are doing very well with this project. I love what I see. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hourglass quilt. It will be very pretty when you get it finished.
    Blessings...
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt--I love the soft colors in this one...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing what you can do with only ONE block and color. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is very pretty. Who cares if you are several years behind the main group, that's fine. No one is giving out a prize for being finished first. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this one so much—it’s going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! You are doing a fabulous job! Who cares if it's last year's project, it's not a race. Life comes first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are finding some sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of fun fabrics. It's becoming more exciting with each new border and color. L&E projects seem to take for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is fun! I'm going to be working on a scrap challenge this year which I will post about - maybe I can make some of those! I need to make a goal for each month regarding using scraps. Just returned home yesterday so everything is a mess and I need to grocery shop today, go thru mail, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I think this is my favorite of all her leader and ender projects. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A few years behind isn't a bad track record. Fine wine ages and mellows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pretty sure Bonnie just finished hers this fall, so you're in good company. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete