Pages

Monday, May 21, 2018

Sundays are for bindings!

Feeling kind of in-between projects (or unmotivated to get to work on the ones already in progress!), I decided to put the bindings on two quilts.

First of all, I FINALLY put the binding on the Quilt of Valor I made last year.  I even had a variegated red/blue thread that I used to sew down the binding (by machine!).


I think I found the setting online and am definitely pleased with how it turned out.  I've never met a star I didn't love anyway!!!

I'm mailing it off to Kevin the Quilter since he is the master of Quilts of Valor.


I also put on the binding on my little May Mini.  I'm going to sew that down by hand since I don't have any gold thread up here at the cabin... will probably do it on the car ride back to California on Thursday.


Yesterday I also made a couple of Bonnie's little addictive blocks! They really are fun and go together so quickly.  I love how they look laid out next to each other.
  


I love how this one turned out.  The center is, of course, an old French General fabric I've had.  The black filagree is from a very old pack of FQs I got but never used.  I fussy cut the pieces...

Here is how some of them are looking together!



9 comments:

  1. Your log cabin star quilt is beautiful! And your bowtie mini quilt is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how pretty! I love your log cabin quilt of valor...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on both your QOV and your bow ties mini..
    Your fussy cutting is making those blocks so pretty too
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your QoV. It is awesome. It will definitively bring a smile to the recipient's face. Great job on the mini too. You are obviously enjoying making those dashing little blocks. Cute! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd either have the French Flutist turned sideways or upside down when sewing the rows together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fussy cut blocks are looking awesome! What a wonderful QOV--the recipient is going to be very blessed to be given such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you getting those bindings on!!! One of my least favorite sewing tasks. And those blocks are sooo cute. I might have to make a few myself! See ya in mid June! cheers, CW

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a wonderful Quilt of Valor! Kevin will definitely see that it gets a good home.
    Oh, I forgot all about finishing a May Mini. You made a very cute one with all those little bow ties.
    Great fussy cutting on those last couple of blocks. If they are addictive to make, I had better not ever start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I haven't made a QOV in some time I must get back to it....such a worthy cause and so many veterans to cover with a gift of love. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete