Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Triangle Gatherings quilt FINISHED!

Many of you participated in the Primitive Gatherings Triangle Gatherings sew-along last year, as did I.  I put together most of my blocks (there are 98) and just got it back from my fabulous machine quilter, Sandy Lachowski in Bend.  I had an 8 hr drive back home this week from our cabin and spent the time sewing down the binding. It's a king size quilt, so it took be the full 8 hrs to get it done!  No wonder I like sewing bindings down by machine!! It wasn't going to work on this quilt, so I did it by hand! VBG




I had to lay it down on my driveway in order to get the whole thing, although I still cut off the corners.  My binding is scrappy;  I also did the borders in differing fabrics, as are the setting triangles and cornerstones.  It's a truly scrappy quilt!  I put it on my grandson's bed this weekend and he loved having the quilt on his bed~  you may remember that he helped me sew some of the blocks last year by following the diagrams and arranging the half square triangles in the proper configuration.

I also was able to finish more of the little freebie basket blocks from Primitive Gatherings.




When I returned from the cabin, I was also able to pick up my mail containing the fabulous little basket mini quilt from Janet O.


Those tiny tiny baskets are all of 2" finished!!  Aren't they amazing??!! Just beautiful.  I hung it immediately next to my computer so I can admire and marvel at its beauty all the time.  And those feathers??!! WOWZER.  Just love it.  Thank you Janet O, again.  I don't mean to forget either the fabulous soaps she included in the package.  



14 comments:

  1. WOW!! Those cute baskets are only 2 inches!!?? How big are the 4-patches?? That's an amazing mini quilt. Janet O. has an incredible talent and so do you. Love your Triangle Gatherings. Scrappiness at its best. Congratulations on finishing it off. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Triangle Gatherings quilt is beautiful! I love the colors, fabrics and setting! It's a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Triangle Gathering is fabulous and I love the scrappiness of it! The baskets are beyond beautiful! What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your triangle quilt! What a beautiful quilt from Janet...she is an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, Randy! Your triangle gatherings quilt turned out really cool. I had ambitions to make that quilt, I think I finished three blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your persistence at those triangle blocks paid off big time, Randy! What a fun quilt!!
    Your little wool baskets are adorably, and it appears that you and the stem stitch have made peace.
    I am glad you like the little basket quilt. It was a fun swap, as they all have been. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the different borders. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the mini from Janet! so nice
    great finish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Triangle Gatherings is fun and a work of art at the same time! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your triangle quilt--it turned out great and sooo cheerful! Janet has outdone herself--another adorable little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Triangle gatherings is so pretty. So are your basket blocks. The little quilt from Janet O. is amazing also. That quilting is truly pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is very bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. janet is an awesomely talented quilter....beautiful piece naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Triangle Gatherings quilt is wonderful! Love the layout and the variety of setting triangles and borders! Love that you and your grandson share memories of working on it together. A great quilt!

    ReplyDelete