Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Trying to catch up

Chantal is the winner... she guessed right.  I was in Singapore.  What an amazing place to visit.  SO interesting... I took so many fabulous pictures.  Where to start??

Singapore Botanic Gardens!!  Always love visiting the different botanical gardens as we travel, especially since we've become friends with a fabulous horticulturist extraordinaire! (yes, PBR, that's you!)...  This garden is huge and I went twice!  Hidden in the foliage are a number of sculptures, which I think is where I'll start along with water features.  Here are the gates to gain entry (FREE)



















Loved this walkway!


That's enough travel photography for today.  Now a little sewing!
I did work on Lori's little sew-along once I returned, although now that I'm seeing the second step, I'm not so sure I'm going to stick with it.  Won't look good on point..  I'll be like Wendy Reed and make a couple of versions!  This one might become my October mini!! ;-)  Add a few more rows and VOILA!


I also went back to that local antique store and found another little wire basket for some more scraps.  I dumped moved my "dark" scraps into this one and it's already full!  Now I need one for the "lights" on my sewing table!


I'm off this evening and tomorrow to PIQF, the local enormous quilt show put on by Mancuso.  Looking forward to seeing some new friends.
If you're going to be there, please let me know so we can meet up!




7 comments:

  1. Oh, I'd hate for you to start another block. Yours is my favorite so far. I wish I had known it was going to be on point, but I guess that is what a mystery is! Mine aren't scrappy enough for me, but I probably won't have time to redo them so... I love the Singapore photos. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block is 'on point' now, but who know what next week will bring. I have a similar dilemma. Waiting for the next installment before making any decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won! Thank you Randy. :^D
    Can't believe the entrance to the gardens is free. Cool! It's gorgeous. Love the child on the swing sculpture. Charming! and that pathway! Oh! I want that in my backyard ... no, wait! In my front yard so all the neighbors can admire it, lol.
    You are right about your center. It won't be so pretty on point. Sigh! You'll have to make another one. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the travel photos! Beautiful garden! I like your mini and I wouldn’t stat another! It will be charming regardless of on point or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen several quilters chose a fabric for the center that is a one way design. Someone suggested that, displayed on a table, you could turn them any way you wanted and it would work with the one way design on point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The singapore botanic garden is a UNESCO World Heritage Centre. It's one of my favourite spots on the island. Glad you enjoyed my country!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That botanical park was magnificent!! Love sculpture gardens and the stone walkway was breathtaking. Totally understand why you went back twice!! Linda

    ReplyDelete