Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Little Miss Muffet sat on her Tuffet ...

Remember the nursery rhyme?

Does this remind you of that??
Remember I showed you one small segment of this project a month or so ago?  Well, It's DONE!  I actually finished something!  WOOHOO!







This is something I've wanted to make for a long time; and I've been looking for a way to use the Kaffe Fassett fabrics I've been collecting. (And Tula Pink as well) 

I made this in a class at the nearby LQS.  The pattern is made by Tuffet Source and is called Pieced 18" Tuffet.  I don't think it'd be easy to make with just the pattern.  I'm pretty sure you can buy a kit, which I'd highly recommend because there are so many odd things you need (ie, the legs?  The base?  the large foam for the body?)...

I have also been working very diligently on a swap project with my friend Wendy Reed (constantquilter).  She is more diligent than I and already mailed me her version, which I'm not opening until I finish mine.  It's a Kim Diehl pattern, which proved to be much more work than I originally thought (wool applique and piecing).  Stay turned for the finish-- I'll show you Wendy's once I mail mine out to her, hopefully next week.

Hope you're all having a nice holiday season.  I'm heading tomorrow to the cabin for the holiday and plan to stop in Chico to drop of 15+ quilts for kids and adults who lost homes in the Paradise fire!

Our Channukah with the grandkids!  We got back after the last night but still had them each light their own menorah, which they love doing every year!~  You'll probably notice that Emma is still wearing her uniform, from the Catholic school they attend.   Ironic, no?? ;-)) (and they are all standing on stool, btw... not that tall!)


10 comments:

  1. Two people from Friday Night Sew-In are making tuffets. Yours is SEW cheerful!! And, yes, it's quite ironic that your granddaughter is lighting the menorah in her uniform from Catholic school. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tuffet! I've been wanting to make one too. Is it big enough for a stool that you can prop your feet on? I want my for my quilt room chair so I can put my feet up. Cute grandkiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fussy cut button in the center of your bright and happy tuffet is very fun!
    That is pretty different to have a little gal in her Catholic school uniform lighting her menorah. You have a cute bunch of grandkids, and a beautiful collection of menorahs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I hope you get lots of curds and whey to enjoy on your new tuffet. It is beautiful! I can't believe how those kids are growing, stools or no stools, they are all getting big! I love the menorah that Emma is using. Very unique. Enjoy your holidays at the cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those raccoon eyes peeking out from the center of your tuffet--so cute! I've been so envious seeing all the wonderful tuffets around the internet, but I have absolutely no place for one--not to mention my gnawing dog issues--lol! Your's turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tuffet is wonderful, especially the button on top. Enjoy your time away and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beautiful menorahs........mine is from my childhood...not fancy but lovely memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing such a beautiful project. It is so cheerful. Love the grandkids' picture too. They are adorable. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures of the grands ... love the tuffet though one is NOT in my future. Your fabric choices were right on! Went to Catholic grade and high schools (I am Catholic) and we had a number of non-Catholic classmates. They were there for the focus on education and, in some cases, the discipline. They were "exempt" from religious classes. Thanks for sharing your pictures ;-) Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays ;-) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tuffet! Have thought I would like to make one. My Jewish niece's children go to an Episcopal school. Surely better than public schools!

    ReplyDelete