Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

It's a log cabin kind of week

Can't believe it's the end of June!  We've been at the cabin over 3 months already!  Love being here for the change of seasons, although it was hailing two days ago!!  Not warm on a consistent basis...doesn't bother me.

I had participated in a sewalong last month where we made a bunch of log cabin blocks.  I decided to use mine in a different way.  First I made a cover for my sewing machine and called it my June Mini!! That was for Wendy Reed (constantquilter)!



I enjoyed making the log cabin blocks and kept going-- then I made two placemats for our table!




You can see that I got a bit bolder with the second set of blocks!  They are 6" and my strips are 1-1/4" unfinished.

Our daughter has been staying with us after having decided that life in a studio apartment in San Francisco wasn't so great.  It's been one of the silver lining results of Covid--we've had a chance to spend lots of time with her.
Anyway, she wanted to know where was HER placemat??!!  So I started on more log cabin blocks this week.  She was very particular about the colors, though!!


Our son has now arrived at the cabin with his family so I'll need to make more placemats, I think.  It'll be a little harder with two little kids, though, so I don't expect to be getting much sewing done.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and safe!

13 comments:

  1. OH how pretty! I love your log cabin creations...perfect! I like your daughter's color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Nice mini placemats! So happy that you are getting to spend time with Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect block for all of those placemats and maybe, even, to use up a few strips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work on those log cabin blocks--great use for them...we need new placemats, so i might just steal your idea;))) ~ ~ ~ waving in the rain~ ~ ~ Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sewing machine cover is a great addition to anyone's sewing room, wish I had the motivation to actually make one or two. Log cabin placemats are wonderful too! Enjoy your time with the family, time is so very precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use your log cabins - practical and pretty. Cute that your daughter wants her own placemat;). Enjoy your precious family time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been hooked on log cabin blocks lately too--so great to use up fabric. Your machine cover is adorable and I love the colors your daughter curated for her place mat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sewing machine cover! what a clever way to use your log cabin blocks!
    wow those placemats are fabulous too - you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your LC blocks look wonderful! Kudos for working with narrow strips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty log cabin blocks. They seem appropriate for Independence weekend. Perfect for a cabin too whether it’s a log cabin or not. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I have ever put that much work into placemats. They are great, Randy!
    Sounds like you have a full house! Enjoy your time with family, and don't let them spill on those lovely placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely log cabin blocks, each set with a different personality! So glad you are able to get some good family time up in the cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute mini and I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete