Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Blockhead progress, inch by inch!

 I'm missing my sewing machines as my husband and I are traveling this week.  I did manage to get one more Blockheads block done, though, and I'm happy about that.  It didn't come out exactly as I'd hoped and I may take it apart when I'm back home but for now, it'll do.  I had intended the stripes to line up perfectly and they're not.


The exciting news is that I'm heading to Maine on Tuesday for the Maine quilt show.  Our dynamic trio (Wendy Reed, Barb Vedder and myself ) is going to be together again.  Barb is teaching (very exciting) and Wendy and I will be taking her classes as well as seeing the show.


I'll be excited to report back next week.


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Be kind, be generous and be well,


Randy

ps:  I'm just finishing a great book-- Frank Bruni's "The Beauty of Dusk".  He's a great writer, so the prose is exceptional.  The story is extremely interesting as well.  Let me also recommend another great story by John Grisham called "Sooley".  It's not a legal thriller.  I don't think he's a great writer but the story is also very compelling.  Enjoy.  I always welcome book recommendations, by the way.

5 comments:

  1. Nice block...... Have a fabulous time with the girls......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of fabric in this block. Too bad you're not happy with it. Enjoy the great company next week. It'll be fun to read your next post as always. Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful get together and enjoy the show--I will be looking forward
    to hearing about it...I went yonks ago with a quilting buddy...
    Your block is really pretty...nice color choices....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anybody having trouble with comments on blogger??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colors and fussy-cutting on this block. Good job!
    Hope your dynamic trio had a good time!

    ReplyDelete