Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

I'm back... it's really me

Hello dear friends,

Don't we all constantly ask where as the time gone!  Well, I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted.  I'm well;  we traveled a good amount;  I got Covid;  we traveled some more.  I do hope, my dear readers, that you are well, healthy and happy!  

Thanks to the many bloggers who did check in with me to make sure I was ok.  It was very much appreciated.  I realized that blogging is one avenue of communication with the outside world.  I did enjoy it!  I just labored over the pictures;  hopefully now it's a bit easier!


I'll share a photo of a quilt I am giving away to the husband of my grandson's favorite teacher who was just diagnosed with a brain tumor!  For those who don't know me well enough, donating quilts to people I've never met who have been ill is one of my favorite things to do.  I also recently sent a quilt to a woman in Bend who posted on Facebook about juggling her cancer treatments with a new-born baby.  She got a quilt right away.


The quilt I sent to the woman in Bend was a fun quilt with lots of hidden fussy-cut images to keep her busy!



As far as new projects go, I haven't been super productive.  I did work on a mystery through EQP textiles, which is at the quilter's now.  And I did make the houses for Cécile's sew along!



There was another outer border per the instructions but I was so done with the quilt that I opted to finish it with the solid border.  Both are ready to be picked up from my long arm quilter extraordinaire, Sandy Lachowski in Bend!


I will try to post on a regular basis.  I did just figure out that I can air drop the pictures from my phone directly to the blog post so that'll be a lot easier.


I do hope you are all well; that you've been healthy;  that your families are healthy and that you are enjoying life to the fullest.  The train seems to speed up with age so let's savor every moment.


Much love,

Randy and Zeke




5 comments:

  1. So nice to see you, Randy, and your baby!!! Love your cheddar quilt, and isn't it fun to share quilts, and bring some cheer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helllllooooooo!! like Mrs. Doubtfire would say. It's so good to see you again in Blogland. So sorry for the Covid part. Were you the only one sick? I had the flu over winter but negative for Covid. You made some gorgeous quilts. Love the cheddar one with the cheddar binding. That's a lovely touch. Bless your generous heart. Big hug to you and to Zeke too. 🧡🐶 ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know from experience how generous you are with your quilts. Looks like you gave away a couple of beauties. I especially love your use of cheddar in that first one.
    I've seen that last mystery quilt on a few other blogs recently. I like your color choices--a little strong/bold mixed with soft pastels.
    Look at you and Zeke--so cute!
    Fun to see you on Zoom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Good for you! Hope you have inspired me to actually post!! Love these quilts, especially your fabulous house quilt. Hi to that adorable Zeke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a lovely thing you do, giving the quilts. Your fun houses are just so sweet. It's nice to see a post from you! I need to figure out the air drop directly to a post idea.

    ReplyDelete