Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And she knits, too!

Happy September bloggers! Can't believe it's the end of summer. We are up in Sunriver enjoying the last vestiges of summer and closing up the house for the season. Next time we'll be back will be for Thanksgiving and we will be utilizing our snow blower for sure. ICK.
On my drive up, since my husband was driving, I knitted 2 pairs of fingerless gloves. These are such fun to wear and so quick and easy. I know I neglected my hexagons, but it's good to be diversified, right? vbg


My first sewing project upon arriving was to put together 4" churn dash blocks I received in a recent swap. I just decided to get it done. I bought fabric while in Wisconsin on the anniversary trip and am actually using it. All I'm adding is a 3 or 4" blue border to float the top. It's not large but I like it. I think it's cute. Will make a great wall hanging.


And, of course, just before I left, I spent the night at my daughter's and took Ryan to the car wash in the morning. Here he was redecorating their waiting room furniture, carrying the little chairs in and out. It was too cute.


Have a great week. I'll be posting more this week as I've got time to sew. and WALK...already went out for a 5 miles run/walk with Max. WOOHOO!!!

7 comments:

  1. Just logged on so happy to find this post. I like seeing what you are working on..the gloves are adorable, and I love the pairs you've made for me. Maybe I'll take them to Alaska in a couple weeks?! :cD

    Enjoy your time in SR....the little quilt is darling, keep posting!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew you could knit, too--besides Bonnie, of course?
    I've never met a churn dash I didn't like, and this is a wonderful one. I like how you have kept the striped blue fabric consistently horizontal, and I love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute gloves and love the churn dash quilt. Isn't it amazing how moving furniture around can keep a toddler occupied for long periods of time! I usually have chairs all over the place... and never where I put them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute gloves. It has been a long time since I made any of those. Maybe I need to start some when I need a wee break from the sewing machine.
    Your churn dash is awwwesome! I love the way you arranged the other colors .
    The chairs cracked me up. It is so funny what can interest little ones. Cute pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I knitted I'd make pairs of those gloves. Way to cute. Your churn dash is charming. I love how you set the blocks together with both the red and the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been bitten by the Knitting Bug. I have the circular needles, books and sock yarn. Only problem is I do not know how to knit. Maybe someday! Sigh!

    I love the soaps...they smell so nice. I have them in glass dishes as they dry to use as room freshners. Thanks so VERY much!
    XOXOXO Subee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you were such a good knitter. The gloves are adorable. You may want to bring a pair to Wisconsin. It's been a little cool here lately, but it may warm up by next week.

    ReplyDelete