Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Quilt show pictures


Here are some of the quilts I liked best this year. One of my favorites is very unusual: looks like 3 chairs!!  I think it's using Kaffe Fassett fabrics as is the stool I just loved. 



I loved this hodge-podge of blocks:

This spool quilt was awesome:
Fun fabrics!!

I generally prefer traditional quilts but I really enjoyed this bike scene:

This is a simple 4patch but it doesn't seem like it:

I loved the border on this Irish chain:

This is a Bonnie pattern and I loved it! The fact that she used my friend's pattern only made it more attractive to me!

This is going to be one of my next projects using a jelly roll:

This is a traditional pattern with modern brights:
This is the block:

I have a friend who sails and I took this picture for her. Very clever:

Thrn after a hard day of looking a quilts, we were ready for a beer! Here is Lori enjoying a beer sampler !

Here are the 3 of us:
It was a great week with very special friends! We are already talking about a challenge using orphan blocks for next year!

10 comments:

  1. Hi there were some beautiful quilts on display at your show. I'm looking forward to going to mine on August 11th in Birmingham U.K. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we look hip in our hats and sunglasses! It was a great show and a great week, Randy! Thanks again, hugs, CW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orphan blocks always make very interesting quilts in my opinion. So that will be fun to watch them come together. Different kind of quilts and very beautiful quilts in this post. Lots of eye candy for sure. The three of you look like you were overrun with inspiration. Can't wait to see what will come out of your fun week, Thank you Randy for sharing all these treasures. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos. I didn't see the chair quilt or the bicycle one. Loved the BH one too and the jumble of blocks with the baskets was super fun. It was super to meet you and Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such amaing quilts. The chairs are so much fun. The bike makes me want to go ride.All the bright happy colors make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved those quilts! I want to take a class to make that tuffet, they are offering it at my lqs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the slide show on The Quilt Show Blog. You sold your Just Takes 2 quilt??? WOW, that was a lot of work. Hope you got a good price. I'm sure your Orphan Block challenge will be a success. You will share with us, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that stool!! I also loved the scrappy quilts. I certainly liked that jelly roll quilt better than the ones using the long pieces. Thank you for sharing your photos! Looks like you three had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Were there many traditional quilts displayed? or has the show become entirely more modern?
    LOVE the "Momma told me..." quilt. What a great way to explain the wild combo of blocks put together. Energy and fun are just oozing from that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look like you had a ball!
    Thanks for the quilt show too :0)

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete