Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Sisters quilt show, part I

Saturday came and went so fast. In fact, the whole last week flew by!  My cabin went from just me to two, then three, then 4 and then 6 for the past 5 days!  Lots of sewing!!

But first, let me show you a little of the show!

This is one side of the Stitchin Post which always has quilts made by employees. Sadly they are too high up to see up close. Still, so awesome!

It wasn't as crowded as usual but was so fun. The weather was perfect!  Not hot which was unusual as it has always been boiling hot. 

We did have our typical picnic lunch in the park. We were even able to meet Lori!  What a fun time. 

Then there were the quilts!  Oh my!
This is the gypsy wife pattern, which was done in many different ways in different quilts. 

That's Anne, my friend from home. 

This was our group at lunch one day down by the Old Mill district. We took some time to shop during the week. Lots of great quilt shops in Bend. 

Here are some quilts that I loved:


This was the quilt that Lori made in her class. The teachers' quilts are in one place and are so impressive!

Maybe 2"!! Adorable baskets!

Cute houses


Great log cabins!


Amazing machine quilting 


Another gypsy wife!

More to follow!

12 comments:

  1. So glad you showed some churn dash quilts, that's my favorite block and one that I'm working on right now. It's nice when it's not a scorcher in Sisters. Thanks for the eye candy, the fish are amazing,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Randy. Looking forward to more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really wanted to go but we have our DS/DIL/GD staying with us after helping them move 3000 miles to OR and I just wasn't up to it. I've been waiting for pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always go next year, Ruth ... now you have that beautiful GD nearby ... you can teach her to sew, too! Linda

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your weekend with us. Many eye candies in there. I love the Gypsy Wife quilt and the salmons are so awesome. WOW! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could have been a little warmer, in my opinion! That quilt of Sujata's is in her book, but that was't the one we made, although it is similar. Loved that churn dash, but wasn't thrilled with the Gypsy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing these quilts and your wonderful time together. Someday....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fiber delight to see Sister Quilt wonders! This is one I want to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous quilts all of them--those little baskets are amazing...thanks for sharing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! SOMEDAY I will get to Sisters but in the meantime I get to see it through YOUR eyes and thank you so much for sharing with us. So great to be with quilty friends at the show, too! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous quilts....lot are my faves too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the Sisters show. Lots of beautiful quilts to see. And it looks like you were all having a great time.

    ReplyDelete