Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2017

A little sewing.. woohoo

I'm still trying to recover from a week watching the three grandkids but managed to squeeze in a little sewing last night.  I wanted to catch up on the Marvelous Monday Minis, which had been giving me so much grief!

Why would I have so much trouble making simple little 2" blocks?? Primarily because I had the wrong measurements!! UGH.  I think I made them each 3 times!  Finally got them done!







I've downloaded all the rest of the pictures from the Sisters Quilt show and will show you some now and the rest tomorrow or Tuesday.

This picture is an overview of one of the buildings.  It's actually where the Stitchin Post used to be years ago before they built their own building.  Unfortunately the quilts along the top railing are impossible to see from below.  It's so picturesque, though.  Doesn't it look like a building from the old wild west??


Here's a close up of the quilt in the middle.


Here are the Lori Holt Vintage Farm Girl.  They are very inspiring. So cute.  remember I'm doing my Triangle Gatherings from that fabric line (or similar manufacturers)...although after seeing these, I'm inspired to work on this quilt. 








Log cabins:




That's it for now.  More will follow!


12 comments:

  1. Well, after all your troubles, the mini blocks turned out great, Randy!
    Lots of fun quilts on display, but I especially love the log cabin quilts you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your blocks look great, Randy!! I love your color choices...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two log cabin quilts got my attention. Like them both. I saw a Kathy Schmitz panel online just a day or two ago. Wonder if it was what was used for the center of the blocks on the one quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mini blocks look good here they say third time lucky! More amazing quilts some I am sure are farm girl vintage have the books now maybe after seeing these it will inspire me to get going on some of the blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the court house steps with the star centers, fabulous pictures of the town. It's such a great show. Maybe next year I'll make the trek back to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little scrappy blocks ! And thank you for the photos about The Sisters...Love the last quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure appreciate you posting all of your wonderful photos of the Sister's show. Those of us who are too far away love being inspired by all of those marvelous quilts and the spectacular venue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK.....you got me on three of these quilts! That Star quilt in the middle is so cool.........the Americana Courthouse Steps is to die for.......and who doesn't like a chicken on a quilt?????? SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for more Sisters quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those blocks are really cute! I must have completely missed that block of quilts at the show. They are great! see ya Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please tell me more about these little blocks. I love tiny blocks! The smaller, the better! Are you following a sew-along, a pattern, or just sewing your own? Thanks and thanks for the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete