Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2018

A little quilt show in Bend

You will remember that there's a quilt shop in Bend, Quilt Works, which has their own little show every month in their upstairs area.  I made time before I left this week so swing by.  I am never disappointed!



Very dramatic ocean waves quilt.  This month's primary quilter was Ruth Kinane.





Having just assembled my basket quilt using many orphan blocks, I found this very inspiring!  Or course she put like-sized blocks together in a row.


Cute variation on a log cabin pattern.


This was obviously a different exhibit in their upstairs gallery.  Too cute, I thought.







We had the kids this weekend and my husband always wrestles with them on our couch.  Someone always winds up crying but they loving playing "body slam" with him.  Here was poor Emma, who insisted on a bandaid on her forehead!  No blood, mind you.



Tomorrow I'll show you my pieced back for the basket quilt.  I had fun using some old fabrics I didn't care for as well as orphan blocks...

Have a great Sunday.

12 comments:

  1. Awww, poor baby....she looks so sad....

    Thanks for sharing the quilts--they are just beautiful works...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that America quilt...let's make it!!!! Poor baby, I know she is Ok, but she is so darling with her pout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and tan quilt is very striking. Nice that the shop shares talent each month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts. Glad you had the time to check them out.
    Poor Emma. Luckily no blood. My Mom had to hide the band aids because my sister wanted them all over her. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little Emma ....
    Thank you for sharing ! This was a beautiful show !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Emma! They are funny aren't they? Thanks for sharing these adorable quilts. I love the chicken quilt! Can't wait to see your pieced backing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only ever seen their quilt gallery the one time we met at the store, but I enjoy when you and Lori share their displays with us. A lot to like in this one. The Ocean Waves is a riot of color--love it!
    A fun rooster. But that log cabin variation had my mind boggled trying to figure the assembly method.
    Too funny about Emma and the bandaid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pix! Love that Ocean Waves one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Emma! Bet she got lots of hugs and kisses for her boo boo!
    Thanks for the quilt show. My favorites are the rooster and the shoes. I lime the America sampler but it lacks the spontaneousness of your baskets.
    Hugs, Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the lovely quilt show. I admire the quilts so much that I keep coming back just to look again.

    I am sorry your little Emma looks so sad. I am betting she honestly loved it after all is said and done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the rainbow Ocean Waves. And that variation on the Log Cabin, Wowser. Thanks for sharing. No blood no bandaid at our house.

    ReplyDelete