Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Mini from Pam Buda

My friend and cohort, Wendy Reed (constantquilter), challenged me to make one project a month from Pam Buda's new Vintage Patchwork book.  Wendy followed all the instructions for cutting in advance;  I'm not so organized.

I cut out the pieces just for this one butI feel like it still turned out ok.  Cute pattern, don't you think?



It's not very large so it went together pretty quickly;  also I used my first ever single-fold binding, following instructions on YouTube -- ;-)).  I was happy with how well it went on, as well.  Now if I could just improve on my machine quilting skills!

Next up:  the other mini for the month of January... Trying to start the year off on the right foot and not fall behind (although I am terribly behind on my Moda Blockheads II...).

Hope you're having a productive January as well!

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it, Randy. Good for you, getting this done! I took Pam's book to retreat, but was too focused on the Circa 1880 quilt to get around to making this. I still hope to, but I have other deadlines to meet first.
    BTW, I am not as organized as Wendy, either. Mine will be cut out from whatever is on hand at the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet another lovely mini--I think that pattern is really cute. Nice work on this...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little quilt, especially your beautifully pieced flying geese! I'm noticing those especially since I'm working on trying to perfect a method for getting those points right where they should be each time. Not terribly easy with old eyes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is adorable--I think you met the challenge! I think single fold binding on small quilts looks so much nicer--a little trickier, but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful little quilt, and it is totally finished. Great start to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always fun to be challenged by another quilter. It's a sweet little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is a great pattern and it is just charming. I love it. I'll have to look up what single fold binding is all about. Enjoy the next mini. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute mini! My January hasn’t been productive in output but I’ve been attacking the scraps with some success! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always a very interesting post. I've been browsing your blog for some time and I'm impressed. Beautiful quilts! I admire your work! Good job!
    Regards, ctnbee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just o.k.? Oh no my dear, it is fabulous! I will link it to my post and also to my mini post at the end of the month. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is adorable! I see some fabric that I used to have in it. How big is it?

    ReplyDelete