Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Y not??

My friend Claire is chairing the local guild's show coming up next month.  You know that she is super-creative.  She made up a pattern for the challenge at the show, based on Why quilt... or Y...  I love what she did! She was sewing down the binding at my house yesterday so we had lots of time to catch up.  Isn't this cute??



I may have twisted her  arm a bit but she and I are going to go to the Vermont Quilt show in June!! WOOHOO.  We are in the planning stages so I welcome any suggestions.  We are going to go for a whole week and plan to tour around the area...

I don't know what got into me last night but I decided to organize my light scrap basket.  It was OVERFLOWING and I couldn't find anything.  You can see its dark partner, equally chaotic and untouched as of now.  Not done yet but I'm happy with the results.



My progress so far:


I know many people organize their scraps into sizes of strips (I do have a huge tupperware container filled with 2-1/2" strips in the closet) but I'm just not that organized.  So I separated the really thin strips from the wider ones from the small scraps from the triangles.  Impressive, don't you think?? JK...

I've also been working on my other January Mini, which is almost done.  I'm almost gleeful with it and can't wait to show it to you.  Let's just say that I've taken mini to an entirely new level!




6 comments:

  1. Very clever of Claire. :)
    Oh, I am happy that you are getting to go to the Vermont show and take time for touring, too! That will be so fun for you two!
    I am anxious to see this latest mini quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that you are coming my way in June and can't wait to meet Claire. Love her little quilt! You have really put us all to shame in the organization department. I am going to have to spend the weekend with my scrap bins! Can't wait to see you mini. I will be posting on the 30th or 31st - at least that is my goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will enjoy the Vermont quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved New England when DH & I went there in 2012! If you are planning to go to the Bennington Museum to see the original Dear Jane quilt, you need to call them ahead of time to get the exact dates that it will be on display. When we went there to see it, we missed seeing it by a few days, but didn't want to change our plans or backtrack. My most favorite place to visit was Old Sturbridge Village in MA - about a 3 hr drive from Bennington. Also the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, MA. I know that whatever you do it will be an amazing trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Jane Stickle quilt ("Dear Jane") usually goes on display from about Labor Day to Columbus Day. Be sure to go to the Shelburne Museum. I know you've been before, but they have great quilts. I think they have a special exhibit of quilts this summer. And if you get to Massachusetts, come visit the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire s quilt is great! Have a great trip to V T.

    ReplyDelete