Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Much to appreciate

 Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I hope you had a lovely day regardless of what you did or ate.  Even if you spent it by yourself.  We have our middle daughter (who's been living with us since June) but our other two kids and 5 grandkids were together in SF.  I have to admit I was quite sad not to be there with them -- hopefully this year will not be repeated.  But we are extremely grateful that our middle daughter has been staying with us!  What a gift that's been.


With the world in such turmoil, just being able to breathe normally, not wear a mask (indoors our own houses) and relax is a gift.


We spent the morning going snow shoeing since it snowed a little bit two days ago.  What an absolutely glorious time we had.  It was chilly when we started but there was no wind and we got warm very quickly! To me, walking in the woods that look like this is absolutely magical!!


I know I post a lot of pictures of where I am living;  I admit I love Central Oregon.


Lest you think I don't sew, I did finish another block for my sprigs and springs.  This one was made while catching up with The Crown.  I love watching a show while I sew and then I can remember what I watched when I sewed one particular block (at least for a little while--then I will have no memory whatsoever!! vbg)


I am still using the back basting method, although there is lots of room for improvement! I will admit I don't miss having to mess with those tiny pieces of freezer paper for the leaves.  So the jury is still out on that.


The WINNERS of my giveaways are:

Janine and Heather.


Please send me your snail mail addresses so I can zip those out to you.


have a great weekend.  Stay safe everyone!!


10 comments:

  1. That snowy scene is just gorgeous and I can almost feel the crisp cold air, looking at the photo. Your sprigs blocks are so punchy, love them. Love The Crown. We are all caught up. Hopefully we are all with more family members next year - well before next November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely area to walk in you have there. Just beautiful with the snow laden trees all around...
    Your applique looks great...nice job. I bit the bullet and sent for an applique pattern to try out (gasp!!) needleturn style...I figure if it's another epic fail I can always machine applique...(file this under "if wishes were horses, I could ride through needleturning" hahaha)
    We had a quiet--just the two of us, Thanksgiving--but it was so lovely...We are also watching The Crown and loving it; also another great one from BBC on Acorn is "The Hour", a super series.
    Hugs and enjoy your snowy walks Julirose...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you've put together in that block.
    Your neck of the woods looks just like mine. However, we had rain and now fog so it is not looking pristine anymore.
    We just finished the Crown; I found the Dianna storyline a little sad. But I stitched to it too. Yes, so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try snow shoeing! It sounds like fun on a sunny wintery day!
    Thank you for the giveaway - I sent my addy and I’m SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, what a lovely place you have to snowshoe.
    I like to have something to watch while doing handwork, too. Just keeps me from getting stir crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your snowy woods photo and am sure that we’ll have some days that look like this here in NH soon! Your sprigs blocks continue to look great. I just started watching The Crown, season 1 so I am set for quite a while since I don’t binge watch - am probably good into 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do live in a beautiful area. Glad your daughter was there to sc hate the holiday. Love how your sprig blocks are so full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so gorgeous! I love snow. It is so clean and pretty. We often don't get one until after Christmas.
    I'm grateful your daughter was with you for Thanksgiving too.
    Beautiful new blocks. love how the print landed on the bud

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started watching "The Crown" this past week. I have a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That block looks pretty good to me! You'll have to show me how you do that next time we get together!

    ReplyDelete