Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Moving along, inch by inch!

 I hope the beginning of June finds everyone healthy and doing well.  I came back from visiting my son in Virginia with a cold, tested for Covid and got conflicting results.  So who knows?  The good news is that I was mostly very tired for a few days and had the sniffles.  


I did get my May mini finished, which was also the quilt I made for the Corinne et Céçile challenge from France!  Thank you, Wendy Reed, for the motivation!


The challenge was 8-pieced blocks and 8-appliqué blocks.  I was still using the aqua/purple colors so it was fun.  I found a Tula Pink for the border that was in my stash and luckily found an aqua in my stash here in California for the binding.  I intend to do more quilting on it but it was done in time. WHEW!

I also made some blocks for the Moda Blockheads 4 sew along.  I've been using a layer cake with Betsy Chutchian fabrics, which is kind of a new approach for me.

this block was fun, playing with the striped fabric.  I was really surprised and happy to find that I had a yard of it in my stash!  It's awesome fabric!!

I don't know what possessed me to decide to reverse the light and dark positions but I think it's fun.  Initially I pieced it wrong and had to rip out a few seams to make it look right.  Jack and I got reacquainted!


This one was fun.


These were made initially.


These ones are 4-1/2" whereas the others are 9" 


And I'm making great progress on my Twilight Garden quilt from Primitive Gatherings.  This is the center block/border;  the surrounding blocks have already been sewn...I'll need to assemble all the blocks to the center and then start on the outer border, which is quite intricate!  Taking it on a long flight (to DC, for instance) enables me to make progress on it.  When we drive back to Oregon next week, I"ll hopefully get a lot done!  This is a once in a lifetime kind of project, for sure!!



Take care, be well, stay kind and be grateful.

xxx

Randy



8 comments:

  1. I love the color palette of your mini, and the border fabric is perfect!
    Betsy Chutchian fabrics are among my favorites. They are working our beautifully in your Blockhead blocks. You are being very clever with your use of the striped fabric.
    Oh, Twilight Garden is really coming along--will be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blockhead blocks--such pretty fabrics in your layer cake, too.
    Twilight is simply lovely nice works going on at your place ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini is beautiful. The colors work so well together. Lots of beautiful projects. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blocks..... Goodluck with that quilt......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the updates on your projects - they all look great! I especially like the colors you chose for the challenge/mini quilt - so pretty! Stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! haven't seen you in a bit. Happy to know you are okay, whether you got Covid or not is irrelevant as long as you are okay, haha. Now let's see. I think it would be faster to name what I don't like in your post. Uhm! Okay there's nothing I don't like, haha. Love your mini quilt/Cécile and Corinne's challenge quilt. Wonderful! And the border fabric is just perfect for it. The striped fabric is GORgeous! Love all your blocks, 9 inches and 4.5 ones too. What made you switch size? Will they all go in the same quilt? Twilight Garden is amazing. It is a long project but remember, all heirloom quilts take forever. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful mini! love the color choices....and blockheads very nice too!

    ReplyDelete