Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bonus Block Thursday!

Well I know you've all been patiently waiting for today's Bonus Block. The day kind of got away from me and I did go for a 4 mile very muddy hike so that's part of why it's late.


Anyway, today we are making a Milky Way* block:


Cut background:  (2) - 3" squares (for 4 hsts, fin 2")
      dark            (2) - 3" squares (for 4 hsts, fin 2")


Cut background:  (1) - 2-1/2" square


Cut background: (1)- 1-1/2" x 12-1/2" strip
     medium:      (1)- 1-1/2" x 12-1/2" strip, making (4) 4-patches, fin 2"


*from Sylvia's Bridal Sampler


Easy! Fun! Get to it!!


Remember, next Wednesday the 18th is the second Wednesday of April and there will be 3 more Sow-A-Long blocks! So BE READY!!!


I'm going to do a linky-thing, finally.  I'm thinking we can plan to have the linky party on April 25th...I'll keep you posted.


Hope everyone is having a great week.


Love to you all,
Randy, Head Sower

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm up for it!!
    Four mile muddy hike? Was it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Randy
    And yes, I was the one anxiously awaiting! It was my day off today and I had some time to see.
    Thanks!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Bonus Block, Randy. Will we have to have a blog to join in on the linkup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that block! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the bonus block. I needed just one more to finish the Farmer's Wife quilt. I now have all the blocks made. Just need to purchase over 5 yards for sashing. I can't believe that it will take that much to sash all the blocks but that's what the book calls for. Need to go shopping...
    gail in VA
    gauen at mbc dot edu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having so much fun making all these little blocks, the instructions are just great..thanks so much!

    Julianne

    ReplyDelete