Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Cheddar delight finished



Finishing something is always such a great feeling, although deciding on the next project is challenging for me. I'm excited that I finished this top which was made through a swap of quarter square triangles with my great friends in Wisconsin. The pattern is from a Fons and Porter magazine article last September/October. Very easy and fun quilt to make. 
I thought it could use a border and found a great navy from Moda on my last trip to Bend last week. I loved that the print was on the diagonal, consistent with the design of the quilt. I had hoped that the diagonal would be repeated in my mitered corners but quickly realized I would have had to cut the strips differently. Instead I got a look I hadn't planned on. Oh well!
Here are the blocks. They consist of quarter square triangles that are 3" fin. The "solid" squares are 6" fin. 

So. Now. What next??? So many choices!!

14 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! Love that cheddar...wonderful finish--congrats!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the fabrics
    -Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheddar was such a good choice for this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! Love it! Cheddar was a great choice. I used cheddar to sash my Wonky Wishes blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolute delight it is! I love this quilt! What a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the finish. How fun to Swap the blocks with friends. Have you made all of Bonnie's Free patterns? The Idaho Square Dance blocks are fun and use a LOT of scraps 1 1/2". Have fun choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Always a fan of cheddar too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love it! The colors are great! I'm sure you have a list of quilts you want to do - like all of us. What about UFOs? Do you have any that need finishing? I have several, but that doesn't necessarily stop me from starting a new one. So many to do - so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is gorgeous! Love the scrappiness of the QSTs and the cheddar to make it all glow. The red and navy borders are great compliments to the overall effect.
    When it is quilted I will bind it for you--and never send it back!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheddar is a very popular color and I love it !
    Great work and beautiful quilt Randy !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking quilt and I love, love, love the cheddar. I'm calling cheddar the "new" black on quilts ... LOL Your navy fabric from Moda is wonderful and I actually like your "opps" corners ... makes it yours ;-) Well done, Randy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great on the bed like that! I really like that pattern, I might have to get out my 1800's fabs and give it a whirl!! cheers!

    ReplyDelete