Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Finally sewing again

It's been a while since my Bernina and I got to spend time together! Lots of babysitting going on the past month.
 First task was to recover my pressing table. I bought this fabric recently and have wanted to recover my table.

Isn't that fun??

My first project was to try to catch up the Stars in a Time Warp that's going on. 

Here is my paisley block. I had trouble finding the right fabric as I guess I don't have much paisley fabric. 

The conversation print block was fun and I wound up making two!


Then the California gold was fun. I have lots of gold but opted for this one.

I still need to do 3 more. 

I'm participating in Lori's doll quilt swap and recently mailed off my little quilt to a woman in Wisconsin. I hope she likes it!

I was also recently on a quick trip to Hawaii and of course had to stop in at the local quilt store for a few pieces. This store has wonderful fabrics and I love shopping there. 

These are large pieces for a baby quilt I'm going to do. 

Here are a couple of fat quarters:

They also sell these wonderful "trash collectors ". I put it on my sewing table surface. 

Hope to keep sewing although we have the kids next weekend. 

12 comments:

  1. I just got my Doll quilt last Saturday. Mine goes in the mail tomorrow heading to Alabama. How. Ig is you Doll Quilt. It looks like one from a SAL. I like your Paisley block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hawaiian fabric is exciting! I'm collecting some hawaiin looking bits and I have three hawaiin shirts to cut up!! I've just got to decide what I ant to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Hawaiian fabric!! Great star blocks--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. made up for lost time....love the stars, the little quilt AND those gorgeous hawaiian prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you stars! Funny for those of us on the east coast to think of a "quick trip" to HI, but do love what you picked up there. Thanks for reminding me to get moving on my little quilt for the swap. Sure hope the recipient likes it as much as I like the one you made. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stars! I need to catch up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover will make ironing much happier:)
    I adore your little swap quilts and the stars! Almost caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those Hawaiian fabrics and your pressing table makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might even iron something besides quilt blocks if I had a fun surface like that!
    Your time warp stars are great--I like all of the fabrics.
    Who wouldn't love receiving that little swap quilt? Beautiful job!
    Oh, such pretty floral fabrics, and that is a very handy little trash collector. Looks too nice to have such a utilitarian name. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Doll swap quilt !! And your stars !
    And the Hawaiian fabrics make me think about summer and the sea......

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job! sewing machine reviews

    ReplyDelete