Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sunriver quilt show rocks! Another birthday present!

Lucky me for being up in Sunriver when the local guild was having their annual outdoor show in the Sunriver mall. There was even a big band serenading us!

I think the youngest person in this band was on Medicare!! 

The quilts were inspiring and since I'm by myself for another 5 days, I plan to get some sewing done. Hope to use the new treadle!!

This was done in a class which I would've loved. Isn't this darling??!!  Don't you need one for your sewing area??


I recently got this pattern and am now excited to make this Pat Sloan design

. I loved the way the piano keys border was arranged. 

This had amazing quilting! 

Very impressive!

I loved this simple quilt. Here is one block:
Pretty cool!

I loved the simplicity of this as well as the colors!

Isn't this adorable??

I liked the use of alternative blocks!

Another great block:

Love the colors!

Now the best:  my next birthday gift to myself:

My very own almost barn quilt!! Painted in great colors,  and stars are my favorite blocks! Not sure where I'll put it. Maybe in the garage so it won't get damaged by the harsh winters here! 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a good local show--with a big band, no less.
    You certainly know how to treat yourself right for your birthday.
    Is there no covered porch for your barn quilt? Who will see it in the garage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can give it a special protective coating so it can be outside. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun day out! Great quilts!! You've been saying you wanted a barn quilt block. You don't want to put it up in CA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the quilts with 30's prints. How fun for them to have a quilt show for you to see your Birthday week. Great Barn Quilt- every quilter needs one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun!! And so close to home! You do live in the Oregon epicenter of Quilting! cheers!

    ReplyDelete