Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Circa 2016

We had a family-filled Mother's Day as well as the grands all weekend so I did no sewing. But it was great, right??

I just finished a book called "Being Mortal" by a doctor from Boston and I highly recommend it. It gives a great perspective on life and it certainly made me more appreciative of how lucky I am. Let me know if you've read it!

I did sew two little 3" blocks for the Citrca 2016. I love that it's so easy to keep up!!



Please forgive that I didn't plug in my iron even!!

I have to share this photo. My dh has been working part time in San Francisco and that has enabled me to pick up my grandson and help out in his class. Our routine has included a quick stop at Starbucks on the way to school. Today I took a selfie, which I usually hate!!'

Enough gushing for today!! ❤️❤️❤️

8 comments:

  1. Great post! Love the pictures, especially of you and your grandson ... priceless!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture...I hate my selfies, too! (I look so old--ya think?? Yikes!!) Anyway--those two blocks are really cute...nice fabrics hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet little bow ties--but an even sweeter selfie! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have to agree that grandchildren are one of the only things that can trump quilting. Thanks for the book recommendation. I get so little reading time these days I welcome the advise of friends so I don't waste any time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made my bow ties and rail fence blocks. 2 per week still adds up when you miss a few weeks. Cute grandson. I haven't read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made my bow ties and rail fence blocks. 2 per week still adds up when you miss a few weeks. Cute grandson. I haven't read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caught up with my Circa 2016 blocks and I agree. It's nice to be able to stay on track with these. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are a lucky Nana :0) sounds like a perfect Mother's Day to me.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete