Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

I'm alive, really

It's been waaaay too long since I've posted on my blog - life has gotten in the way, and lots of babysitting!!

My family (except for our middle daughter) has all come to our cabin for the Memorial Day weekend so we are loving every chaotic minute!!  Have you seen these plasma cars??  Our kids race all over the driveway and have a great time!!


I just had to show you this. 

I tried to do a little sewing during nap times and got 12 little trees done for a swap with my Wisconsin friends. They were fun!
I am sorry it's sideways. I also put a star on top!  Adorable!!

But in working on them, I found that my trusty little iron conked out yet again!! Ugh!!
I think this is my third one!

I was incredibly lucky because I had been shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond the day before (during nap times when my dh watched them!) and couldn't resist this bargain on the Rowenta!!
I think it was a return so it was heavily discounted. I was delighted to have it when the little one didn't heat up. So far I'm liking the pointy tip although it's a bit heavier than I like. 

To try it out I made this week's Circa 2016 blocks. 



I still need to do last week's blocks with the tiny half square triangles. 

My Hawaiian quilt earned a fat $650 in the auction two weeks ago so I felt good about that. There was a little bidding war going on which was great. The money raised goes to a school in the area we visit in Kauai. 


Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Those grand babies are certainly getting so big! Especially Jack. Love your circa blocks and I think they raised so much money due the quilting on that quilt. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those grand babies are certainly getting so big! Especially Jack. Love your circa blocks and I think they raised so much money due the quilting on that quilt. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandkids have plasma cars. Have you ridden them? They are fun!
    Cute little blocks.
    Great price on the auction quilt! It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your different blocks, and how exciting that your quilt raised so much money! I feel the pain of your iron woes...I have always loved Rowenta but just had a bad experience with a brand new iron, and Rowenta doesn't seem to care! Need to find a new brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you are still alive.. Grand babies & time off the blog is totally excusable! I haven't seen the Plasma cars. My Goodness they do look like a fun thing. I love my Travel Iron I got at Target for 12.99. It's one that Bonnie Hunter recommended.

    ReplyDelete