Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Small Sunriver quilt show

This past weekend, there was a small quilt show at the Sunriver mall, which is near our cabin.  Of course I had to go as soon as it opened!








Love basket quilts;  this one had super interesting corners.  I've never done anything like this.


It's too bad that the shadow was over half the quilt.  This was a great little quilt which looks like it would use up loads of scraps!


I bought the gypsy wife pattern but have yet to sew it.  One of these days.

The reason I wanted to get there early was to get first dibs at the sale stuff made by guild members.  Two years ago, I bought a small barn quilt for $40.  So that was my first stop and I found an adorable basket.  I have yet to hang them but right now they are making my garage looks quilty!





We have my daughter and her family with us all week and one of their favorite things to play with are their plasma cars.  When I was washing my car, we realized their plasma cars were also dirty so we had to wash them as well.  Hope you can see that little Jackie was a little excited about the suds!


My own blocks that I've sewn will be my next post.

13 comments:

  1. That first basket quilt really caught my attention. Great little show, there's always something quilty going on in Oregon, wish it were so here. Aren't grandchildren just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little show; I love those squares within squares one, too..a real stash user!!

    Are you really going to give Gypsy Wife? It looks very daunting to me...but a beautiful pattern...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt that has a "shadow over half of it" is awesome!! Love the border treatment on it too. Thanks for sharing this little show with us. It was a great little show. Love to see the grandchildren having fun cleaning. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love basket quilts a lot ! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the basket quilts--and the barn quilts!
    Did any suds actually get to the car? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm curious about the two side by side quilts that look the same. Thanks for sharing the quilts. The Baskets is my Favorite also!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the lovely quilts! Baskets and stars are my favorite blocks so I rely love that first quilt. I have Gypsy Wife also but I just look at it nd think "One day!"
    Grand children are the st!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small quilt shows are always great! Especially love the Scrappy which is half in shadow! Just my cup of tea.....lots of colorful small pieces! Also love the clothespins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing some pics of the quilt show! Like grandma, like grandkids! That's too cute! Bet you had suds on your face like that too? LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that little Jack is just too cute! Now if we could just get them to wash our cars when they turn 15!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw Sunriver was having their show! I wondered if you'd be able to get away. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the barn quilt blocks are really nicely done! I would like to make one to hang on our shed in back - I can see it from my sewing room window.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love basket quilt blocks so the basket quilt is my favorite of the ones you have shared pictures of.

    ReplyDelete