Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2017

I lost three weeks!!!

I can't believe it's been almost three weeks since I last posted. How did that happen??

Well, I had a small vacation that took 10 days;  I had my grandkids both before and after.  And there you are... three weeks gone.

I have done almost no sewing but I did promise to send you pictures of the darling little bee mug rug I made for my friend.  The front was made using a modified log cabin pattern.  It seems that bee fabric is quite the rage these days.  I bought most of this fabric in Sisters last summer.



The back was a panel:  I mean the whole thing was maybe 4".


Here are some pictures from my travels, since I seem to be better at traveling than sewing!! ;-)






Check out these shoes we saw... Couldn't imagine walking on them, can you?




Do you like orchids?  Check out these colors!



Ever seen turtles looking like this?


My friend and I went hiking and found this very secluded rock waterfall



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday;  it's when I have all my kids together in one place!  This year we also had my brother visiting, which was a treat.  I hadn't seen him in several years.

Here is a fabulous shot (I think) of me with 3 of my 4 grandchildren.
 

And here are my 3 adults (well, mostly) kids with their two spouses:

My two daughters are the left and center girls in black;  my son is back right in blue t-shirt.  My daughter's husband is always joking around.

Lastly,fall has come to Northern California.  I love the fall colors and have many trees that change colors!  This is one of my favorites, a Japanese Maple, by my front porch! 

Not to be gathering moss around my feet, my dh and I are leaving tonight on a two week bucket-list trip... I'll try to post some pictures and definitely leave some clues for you to figure out my whereabouts.  Let me start out by saying that it's about a 13 hr flight!  And I'm not going to Paris.

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving.  We do have so much to be thankful for, regardless of our station in life.

13 comments:

  1. All beautiful photos. Those shoes with those heels, no I could not walk in them ,lol. Very pretty though. The bee mug rug is pretty too. Looking forward to seeing the bucket-list-location photos. Have a safe and happy trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bee mug rug and my beekeeping friend would too. Looking forward to your trip clues. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you again. :^D Love your "Bee rug", I mean, com'on it's too cute to put a mug on it. Just awesome shoes. Wow, I'm in love. I would be afraid of breaking them though. They look so fragile, but gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. (I'm nuts about shoes.) You have a very beautiful family. Precious. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to have the fam together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bee fabric a lot. I wonder what it would be like to put some spice inside the mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely mug rug finish...great family photos--grandkids are such fun aren't they? Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Randy! Great pix of Hawaii and the kids! They are all so photogenic! Miss you! See you when you get back from the great unknown (tee tee). cheers! cw

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are crazy, but fun! Your photos are beautiful--can't wait to hear where you are off to next. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure even if you had moss growing under your feet you could wear or walk in those shoes. Have a safe trip on your next trip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a fun trip. Hope it's someplace warm. Crazy shoes. Family is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lovely get together you had with your family! Have fun on your bucket list trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bucket trips are wonderful ... enjoy and share with us ... you are so generous in doing so! I wear old lady shoes now because when I was a puppy I DID wear shoes like those ... OMG ... if I had it to do over again .... The pics are wonderful. Your grands are BEAUTIFUL ... your children and in-laws are very attractive people ... you are blessed with a beautiful family. Enjoy your travels, my friend ;-) Linda

    ReplyDelete