Pages

Friday, June 22, 2018

Got some wool!

Thanks to the many suggestions I received (via email...thanks), I was able to find sources of wool and ordered the green and brown that I needed.  

Happily, they arrived really quickly, too.





The colors are gorgeous, I think, and are perfect for my trees and vines/leaves~!

My friend Claire came over yesterday to sew and she was finishing up a donation quilt.  She's become quite the modern quilter, using solids!  And of course all her quilts are her own designs!

Note of course that Max doesn't like being left out of anything!

I'm busy working on getting the last row of purple on my hourglass quilt... Hopefully I'll get it done this weekend.  Then I'll need to decide if I want to add a border to make it a bit larger...

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. They are great looking wool pieces. I have never ordered it online, so I was no help. I buy thrift store wool clothing and felt it and dye it with Kool-Aid, or find what I need at a local shop. Looks like you know where to go now!
    Claire's quilt is very modern. My brain just doesn't think in that direction. I can follow a modern pattern, but I could never design an original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found something at Prairie Point Junction that worked! Love their shop! Looking forward to seeing more of your project..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy you got your address showing there...you okay with that? I'm looking for white wool by the yard.....not so easy to find. I bought some from Amazon that was advertised as wool and was polyester when it arrived...FWDfabrics don't order from them! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete