Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2021

July mini and another year in the books

 Just under the wire, I found something I could work on and finish in time to qualify as the Monthly Mini a la Wendy Reed.  I scoured my sewing room and found a block which seemed appropriate.  It's almost fall so I quickly quilted and bound this little piece.  To me, it speaks autumn.



What is so strange is I have absolutely NO recollection of having made this.  I don't know when I made it;  don't know where the pattern came from.  I don't even know why I didn't finish it.  Maybe it was one block of a larger pattern?  NO clue.  I'm going to put it on my kitchen table as a topper for fall!


I've been working on more Sampler Spree blocks and finished another week's set.  These were supposed to be red.  I had fun.  This is a project I'm enjoying, but it's taking all my time.  10 blocks a week is a lot!  I need to start on the new baby's quilt and am experimenting with different blocks for a baby girl that's not pink! VBG


We've been staying in California for the past few weeks so we could spend time with our grandkids.  Mostly the oldest has been coming over to stay and I snapped this adorable one of him in the bath with our Golden Doodle patiently waiting for him to get done.



I celebrated another birthday this past week and feel terrific.  I try to ignore the number of years I've spent on this earth and instead cherish that I've had the privilege of being able to age and that I'm healthy and very active.  So I celebrated another year in the books!  And happy to be able to do that!


Life is good, right?


take care,

xxxx

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and many more, Randy;)))
    That is one pretty quilt in progress..I have the Sampler spree book and hope to begin working on the blocks as soon as I can machine sew...have a great rest of the wekend...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and fortunate to create that cute little quilt out of blocks you forgot you even had! It’s like a free quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you did it! cute mini and i Love your blocks. I know how long they take when each is a new pattern.
    Great color scheme.
    What a cute photo of Zeak and your grandson. He is really getting big! his curly hair is super cute.
    Happy Birthday week - month.....cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b-day! (belated) The mini is perfect for a Fall table centerpiece and the blocks are great. How many blocks will there be altogether. That looks like it's going to be a big quilt!!! It looks like Zeak's training is going well!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Randy! Your attitude about aging is perfect! And your projects are lovely! It's fun to find something already partially made for the monthly mini - makes it so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! I have linked you in for this wonderful mini. Fall is right - I for one cannot wait. It is perfect for Fall. Thanks for another great mini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini does speak of Autumn and I LOVE it! Memory is a funny and elusive thing, isn't it? Well, you put it to good use and that's what counts. One less UFO, whatever what is was supposed to be, it is now done, kudos. You did very well with the 10 blocks a week. Happy belated birthday. Yes, it is just a number. It is all played in the head. I always say that my driver's license is lying about my age. Keep the heart young and life is gravy, I say. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday! Love your little fall mini, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. life is indeed good...happy birthday and many more...

    ReplyDelete