Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Back from Wisconsin RARING to sew!!

Hi everyone,
I'm back from my retreat in Wisconsin. We stayed at the house in the center of the photo. A little bit about it:  I have 2 friends in that area who invited me to join their quilting group at a retreat in a lovely house in New Glarus, Wisconsin.  It was a 6 day trip filled with so much fun, companionship, music, food, and quilting!!! We had a glorious time. It is a fabulous group of women from such diverse backgrounds. I loved every minute. I"ll be posting pictures all week.

This was the view out the back of the house.  Those are cornfields between me and the silos/barn. The corn cobs were of course dried out but so beautiful. I wanted to take some home with me, but NO ROOM!! Too much fabric. But that's another story.

We took a drive to Spring Green, which is a very small town about 35 miles away from New Glarus.  Along the way, I had to stop for this picture. Quintessential Wisconsin, in my opinion!!

New Glarus is known for many things, one of them being their brewery. We, of course, had to drop by for a sample of their Spotted Cow (that's a beer!!).  Here are DarLynn and Bonnie, very happy tasters!


I will post about the sewing aspect of the retreat in a day or so.
Have a great Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Good to have you back, Randy. I look forward to seeing future posts about your adventure!
    Love the photos of rural life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty!! Sounds like a great week and I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. Spring Green. Did you visit Taliesin? If you haven't read "Loving Frank," I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of fun. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete