Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

shopping, of course

Another great part of going some place new is the chance to see new areas. I think I showed you the pictures of the cows. But we stopped at 2 (well, really 3) different quilt stores. One was in Monticello, Wisconsin, which was an adorable town.  We actually went to dinner there a few nights later and had a fantastic meal.  I thought the buildings looked so cool.



We also went to Spring Green, which was our little excursion.  I had to stop a take a picture of this little farm stand selling tons of pumpkins. It was blowing like crazy that day, although I don't know if you can tell in the picture.


Here's the quilt store in Spring Green, which I think was adorable. Note the bikes just propped up against the store window.  These were a couple of girls' bikes getting ready for the bonfire for Homecoming that night!!


I have to tell you that one of my favorite things from Wisconsin is getting apples in the fall. OMG. They have the BEST apples I've ever tasted.  OF course we had to stop at Edwards Orchard and I HAD to bring home a couple of bags of apples (which were eaten in very short order).  This place is amazing!! I love going there.  Good thing I don't live closer!


Oh and lest you think I haven't seen the darling grandson, let me show you a recent picture. He was concentrating very hard on the back cover of one of his favorite books. Such a sweetheart!!


Hope everyone is having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Love the quaint look of the buildings.
    And I thought I had a lot of pumpkins! Whoa!!
    Your grandson has great taste. That is one of my favorite books, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always fun to visit new quilt shops. I've always wanted to go to Country Sampler.

    Ryan is a sugar, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful towns with great quilt shops... what could be better? Crisp fall apples and visits with grandchildren...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy, I live in northern WI and got my first visit to Country Sampler while attending Quilt Expo in Madison in September. C S is a very nice shop. Was the farmers market called Peck's? If it was not, then you missed a really great farm market. They have a petting zoo to keep the young (and young at heart) busy while you shop. Also loved the free horse/cart rides. So glad you enjoyed WI. Would love to meet you in person sometime when you are here again. Lori rabbitdog@granitewave.com

    ReplyDelete