Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Cheddar/Blue quiltlet!!

Our little retreat was 3 of us: me, Claire and Lori. We went for daily walks and actually had a dusting of snow the first day.


Our last night of our retreat was spent having a lovely dinner at the Lodge up at the Sunriver Resort. Neither Claire nor Lori had ever been here at Christmas time and I wanted them to see the beautiful Christmas lights which adorn the trees outside the resort.  Here is a sample of some of the lights: a little train with gifts!



After finishing my toile top (which has a mistake, by the way!!), I decided to work on some orphan 4-patch blocks. Lori helped me come up with a design for this little quiltlet. It's blue and cheddar, which are just gorgeous together.'



My family has started arriving today, and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of SNOW!! I mean, seriously: I have that snowblower sitting idle in my garage!!! Speaking of which, did you ever know that garage door openers have LOCKS? Someone flipped the "lock" switch on our garage door opener and it effectively disabled the OPEN function. Did I feel stupid when my son just looked at it and flipped the switch?? Too funny.

Have a great Christmas weekend! It's the 4th night of Chanukah tonight and the menorah is starting to look beautiful with all the lights!

3 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the little 4-patch units. A cheery little quilt!
    My parents brought me a small Menorah when they were in Israel many years ago. I can't find candles to fit it, but I would love to use it as designed.
    Too funny about the garage door opener lock. Good thing we have techno-savvy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH how fun! I love the little quilt..it's going to be great! And too funny about the garage door opener! I didn't know they had locks either?? :c/

    Miss you!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little quilt is so cute. Great colors.
    I hope you get the snow you are waiting for. Enjoy your family and the rest of Chanukah

    ReplyDelete