Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

I must be getting something done....

Recently, my friend Claire told me about find great deals on fabrics.com. Never one to miss a bargain, I went online and happened upon a great backing fabric. I bought the rest of the bolt (15 yds!) at something like $2.50/yd with free shipping. Well, I must be getting something done because I've gone through the whole bolt...This is all that's left. And I love the fabric. It's been perfect for all kinds of quilts.



Recently I retreated with friends in Wisconsin. One of the women I met this time was a fabulous machine quilter, Marge West. I was anxious to have her quilt something for me and I wound up sending her a top I recently bought on ebay for about $75.  She just sent it back and did a beautiful job. I have to say the top looks much better now that it's got this gorgeous quilting. Isn't it fabulous? She does amazing work and I feel incredibly lucky to have found her.


Back to the mystery pieces.... Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. You must be the one finding all the bargains on ebay, getting to them before I do! : )
    Marge did a great quilting job, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What that a shirting on the bolt?
    Love the "new" quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The backing fabric is indeed a great one. Love the quilt you just had quilted, it does indeed look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt looks great! She did a very nice job!

    ReplyDelete