Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Minis anyone??

I met Lori for lunch today, at long last!! We had a great time catching up!
She's gorgeous and always looks great in a picture!! Me?? I wish!!

Before I met her, I stopped in at Quiltworks to see their latest little quilt show for the month of August. They had a very wonderful collection of mini quilts that are almost inspiring!


Maybe the blocks are an inch!


You have to read the size to appreciate how tiny these pieces are. Oh, and very perfect!


Can you see the border of 1/4" half square triangles??







I love this sampler!!

Tiny bear paws!!


Finally I borrowed a ruler to see how small these pieces are!
One inch churn dash!!

1-3/4" bears paw


Now I need to get inspired to finish my challenge quilt!

Are you going to make a pin cushion with us?? I have more ideas to share!!

9 comments:

  1. You are both so beautiful on the photo !!
    Thank you for sharing these incredible little doll quilts...the pieces are so tiny...
    I am sorry but I'm a little bit busy this time and it wouldn't be serious to begin another project. Thank you Randy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing minis! I like to work small, but find the smaller I get, the less accuracy I have. I see two pretty ladies in that picture! Glad you had a nice visit. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What???? I think you are both beautiful! Why are we so hard on ourselves? I surely wish I lived closer to you two. Looks like you have loads of fun. Thanks for sharing these wonderful minis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What???? I think you are both beautiful! Why are we so hard on ourselves? I surely wish I lived closer to you two. Looks like you have loads of fun. Thanks for sharing these wonderful minis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only see two beautiful ladies ... inside and out!! Stop being so hard on yourself ... enough of that in the world already!!! LOVED the mini show ... my fingers are "too big" to work with 1" pieces ... I would NEVER have anything squared correctly ... especially loved the fussy cut centers in the United We Stand mini. AMAZING!! Appreciate the eye candy ... always a good way to start a day! Hugs ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing those beautiful quilts! I love tiny, and I love scrappy --makes me want to make them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw those quilts earlier this month, they sure were lovely.
    It was great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all amazing. I especially love the blue sawtooth star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you two were able to get together! Great to see BOTH of your lovely, smiling faces.
    Oh, why couldn't this have been the display at Quiltworks when I was there last month?!? Love it, Randy. Thanks for the closeups, and for measuring for me. I would have had my measuring tape out of my purse if I had been there. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete