Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Fabulous little quilt show

I was able to make a quick trip up to our cabin this week in order to check on the progress of the repairs to our damages from the ice dam leaks over the winter.  What a mess.

Can't make a trip up to Bend without stopping into Quilt Works.  I especially wanted to get in to see the exhibit that Lori had organized showing all those fabulous quilts made last year under the theme Gwennie Inspired Medallions.  Great little quilts!


Here is the summary.  Each month, those taskmasters chose a theme for each round.  Here are the quilts that were in the show:
























This is a close up of Wendy Reed's quilt.  Those of you who follow her  will know that she has a technique to hand quilt a small block and then sews the blocks together.  She did that on this quilt; although she also machine quilted one border; then went back to hand quilting for the outer border.  Such a great quilt, Wendy!

I loved all these quilts and am sorry that I didn't participate. I think that I felt a little intimidated at the time so was afraid that it'd be out of my abilities to come up with these themes.  So the lesson is don't be afraid.  I think I could've handled it!


This was a different part of their exhibit and I couldn't resist sharing this with you.  The quilt is amazing.  All the quilting by Julia Jeans was fabulous.  I particularly liked the story behind this quilt!  Plus it's an Edyta Sitar pattern!









11 comments:

  1. AWESOME quilt show! I did one of those quilts too...just not all the borders! I really enjoyed seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting these and fessing up to being a bit intimidated. Seeing the beauty and variety of these makes me wish I too had taken on the challenge! (Also, I've been having fun with the Goose in the Pond block in browns, reds, yellows and cream -- colors I've rarely used - thanks for that sew-along tutorial.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I too, wished I'd participated. Time, just not enough of it. We are still moving forward on ice dam repairs here in the NW. grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great view of each quilt you have given us! Thanks, Randy.
    Wendy's methods are pretty amazing--especially that she can make it all fit together in the end.
    That is an incredible star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get to participate in the Gwennie project. Love all of the cute finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a colorful and glorious display of talent! Each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are great. I like that the quilt shop features different quilters each month. And quilters with different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the show through your eyes Randy! All of the quilts are so special in their own maker's way. I wish I had participated as well! Hope your cabin isn't too damaged!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the great closeups of these super quilts. They are all so different and so much fun! I love the Star in our Stash quilt and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super show. Each quilt told similar stories yet so unique to each quilter. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete