Pages

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Quick trip - must love dogs!

I had the good fortune to take a quick trip to the very hot Windy City this week.  I met up with a dear friend and we went to see Hamilton (to which we were able to find relatively inexpensive tickets!!), which was truly an amazing experience.  Don't we look spiffy??!! Actually, my friend Tamra is quite the dresser so she looks glamorous even first thing in the morning!


I spent most of my time walking all over (notwithstanding that it was truly very very hot) and was inspired by a display I found all around the city on behalf of K-9s for the police.  I took pictures of many of these paper-maché doggies which were along Michigan Avenue (the main shopping thoroughfare in Chicago) as well as in front of many hotels.  Enjoy!  There was so much thought and creativity put into each one of them!




























These are probably a bit of overload;  there were tons more but I'm not going to go overboard!  
Kids this weekend so no sewing until after the weekend.

10 comments:

  1. the dogs are wonderful! And I'm so jealous you got to see Hamilton!! You and Tamara look great and I am glad that you had a good time! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got to see that play...and those dogs are just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Hamilton any less expensive than in New York?

    I remember that Chicago was the first to have decorated cows about town almost 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! You look very pretty.
    The dogs are fascinating and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what fun. And, yes you do look great! It is amazing how creative some people are. Thanks for sharing those dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first dog was a beautiful German Shepherd so I love each of these wonderfully creative pooches! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Tamra look all dolled up for a night on the town!
    Love the variety of the dogs. We have large bulls along our main street (mascot for the local university), but there aren't nearly as many, so the variety is nowhere near what you have shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some very creative painted dogs. I have seen painted cows in a town and painted bears in Cherokee, North Carolina but never the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of you look very spiffy! I love those dogs!! Chicago is where I was born and grew up in the suburbs. I still have siblings in the area and when we go visit we usually don't even go into the city. I love those dogs!! The have painted moose in Bennington, VT which are lots of fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicago will always be my "hometown" (though I live in Northern Michigan now). It's such a fun city. People don't realize how much art and culture there is in the "Windy City". When it's hot it is REALLY hot though ... and humid! You both look great and glad you had a chance to see the play ... my sister (who lives in the northern suburbs) said it was well done, too. LOVED the dog displays ... what fun to see so many of them ... thanks for sharing!! Linda

    ReplyDelete