Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Something has gotten done. YEAH

My husband and I didn't have our grandkids this weekend so we took advantage of the free time and drove up to Napa (which is about 2 hrs away) for some fun wine tasting.  Of course, I use the time to get my hand sewing done and I have been prepping a number of projects in anticipation of our next trip (next week) back up to our cabin in Oregon.  More on that later this week.

I was able to get two centers done for the Primitive Gatherings Summer Block of the Week.  Mind you, there are 12--these also need very tiny half square triangles sewn on, but those will come later.  I really do enjoy doing wool appliqué.  For these, I used some of the new Sue Spargo variegated threads I ordered.  I just love the colors.  I have not been following the PG instructions to the letter (BIG surprise, right??? vbg) but I think they're fine.
I love using variegated threads on wool.  Makes the pieces so much more interesting. 
Don't look too closely at my strips.  Of course they're not uniform or necessarily straight.




There were supposed to be 5 little pink things on top but I lost one in the car.  Oh well!  Don't you love the colors of the french knots? That is what you get with variegated threads.  Those pinks were from Sue Spargo. Most of the other threads are Valdani, size 12, which I love.

I told you I also would show you the pillowcases I made to send off to Texas.  They are going in the mail tomorrow.  I still want to make some of those adorable kennel quilts for the doggies there.



My husband and I stopped off to see a friend who is a manager at a winery (she had asked me to fix a couple of her grandmother's wonderful quilts and I brought them back to her).  They have a cute little farm stand outside and I just loved the look of the peppers!


tomorrow is a busy day with a visit to my ob-gyn.  Silly me... I put it off because I didn't want her to see how heavy I'd gotten.  Anyway, now that I'm down a bit of weight, I'm not so worried.  Isn't that ridiculous???   Do you think she'd care??





12 comments:

  1. You have some interesting reproduction fabrics in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those little blocks, Randy!
    What a fun, colorful display of peppers.
    Ha Ha--like you, I hope to have dropped a bit of weight before my next physical. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little primitive blocks look like a lot of fun to work on! I love seeing the colored peppers in the fall, so bright and a reminder of the winter soups and stews to come. And even with eating less the weight seems to stay the same, more than it should. It must be the age, and I guess we can just look at it this way - a softer and cuddlier grandma for a little one to snuggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your wool-ey appliques on those cute cabins and that vari thread really adds so much interest--I think the strips are blowing in the breezes across those flowers...I like it...so durn cute ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your wool appliqué! I can relat on the weight question! I fight the same battle but with little success😩

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those blocks!! I need to dig out my massive piles of wool. And, I'm afraid I can totally relate to "putting it off" for that very reason. Why??? My doctor has never yelled at me, so why do I put myself through that? Glad to hear you are going and kudos again on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute little blocks...and the pillowcases too...i made curtains from that black fabric once...and no matter how thin you are, a doctor will ALWAYS tell you to lose weight....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blocks are beautiful and I also love mixing wools with cottons ... the texture is always so fun! The peppers are wonderful ... I would definitely have just stopped for the farm stand ... the winery was a plus! LOL Weight has chased me all of my life; a continual battle for me. Kudos for you for losing some of it! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blocks! I know how you feel about the weight, but I don't think she would care. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pillowcases for a good cause. Oh that peppers picture. Doesn't it make you think that you should use those colors in a quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hand dyed wools are fun to work with and the varagated perel cottons are perfect with them. Your blocks are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun stuff! I love sauteing a mix of peppers then keeping them in the fridge to toss with eggs, salad, whatever.
    I used to not go to the Dr for that same reason. It is ridiculous we have so much pressure on us to be a certain "weight" or "number"

    ReplyDelete