Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Churn Dash blocks DONE



In a moment of weakness, I signed up to participate in Barb Vedder's swap involving what seemed like a small number of churn dash blocks.  I also decided to branch out and do modern ones rather than my usual reproduction fabrics.  It turned out I needed to make 54!  They were fun, and I did enjoy using these bright modern fabrics.  They were not quick, though. VBG

I did have a couple of times when I had to undo my sewing!  I did this while watching some olympic skating so I think I was distracted!


When I signed up, I had planned to use my stash of modern Kaffe Fassett fabrics;  when I saw the rules, I found that the brights needed to be solids, of which I did not have a single one! UGH.  Oh well. time to shop.  I found some gorgeous solid fabrics which I am hoping to find a use for soon!  Definitely do not want to add to my stash.


I had hoped to go with my friend Claire to Quilt-Con down in Palm Springs this week but it just wouldn't work with getting my mom settled.  Hopefully Claire will have a great time.

I did have a chance to meet up with Lori, before she jetted off on her mission to Columbia.  We had a fun lunch together last week.


We did have a bit of snow while we were in Sunriver this past week and it was just beautiful.  Of course I don't live in this weather full time and I didn't go out and shovel or use the snow blower so it's easy for me to say how beautiful it is!


My mom seems to be doing ok, although I haven't even left yet and I have to take her to the doctor tomorrow morning.  We are driving back to California tomorrow, as we have the darlings this weekend!

And I need to get back to my baskets!

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty blocks! I made the reproduction ones this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Churn Dash Randy. I am doing Repro and I have one made so far. Need to get my ** in gear. I love snow and I do live with it. Pictures never seem to give it justice though as I'm sure it was pretty than that in person. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any number over a dozen is a lot of blocks to me! They look great, Randy! I love the one you made while watching skating. Looks like something I could have done. I have been stitching wool applique while watching. I have had a lot of tangled threads. :)
    How fun to get to visit with Lori before she took off!
    The snow is gorgeous. I love snow--if I don't have to drive in too much of it. Myself and all four of my kids have been in accidents in snowy weather.
    I even enjoy shoveling snow, but it aggravates my shoulder, so I am not doing it this year.
    We got a foot of snow on Sunday. Very pretty!
    Safe travels to you on your drive home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised that you've done your swap blocks in modern but I admit they are soooo nice ! Great job my friend !
    Your country under the snow is beautiful ...
    Enjoy your WE with your grandchildren ! Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, kiddo--it is very difficult settling Moms' in; very traumatic. Good that you had a project to work on though--even despite your not having solid fabrics (I would have gladly forwarded some to you--mine have sat on the shelf looking quite forlorn as I've never used them!! Scrappy old me!!)

    I am not a fan of the snow except for the first snowfall when I say "Isn't it pretty?" then the reality of shoveling etc sets in...hugs and breathe and try to let go, kiddo...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blocks Randy - I know these weren't easy. If I do this again I may go back to an easier block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! You made it! Your blocks are beautiful and I look forward to seeing what you do with them. Your snow is gorgeous, but then I am biased, I am going to be sorry to see ours go. Glad you had a nice visit with Lori. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks turned out very cute! I had a hard time resisting the swap--I know I'm going to regret it when all the fun finished projects start turning up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You Churn Dash blocks are so cute and happy looking in those bright colors! I love them. Glad to hear your mom is doing okay. Have a great weekend with the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i missed this swap and like you had thought of using my kaffes....i use solids a lot...wanna swap for some kaffes? email me privately...gracemth@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in the modern swap too, and am tickled to know that there will be one from you in the pile!

    ReplyDelete