Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Convent knock-off

A couple of my friends bought a kit from Primitive Gatherings called The Convent Quilt. I didn't buy the kit, thinking it was just so simple. 
But when I saw Peggy Dilley's finished quilt, I got really jealous! The kits were sold out! You snooze, you lose, right??!!
The fabrics are what make the quilt. 

My other friends were equally jealous so they dug into their stashes and put together a knock-off kit (that's what Peggy is calling mine).  I put mine together this week. 

Of course Max loved the quilt!

All sewn together:

And then I worked on the Angel Food quilt I mentioned before. All the blocks are done and ready for assembly!  I don't think I can count it as a finished Ufo since Andrea gifted me most of the blocks. Or maybe I will!!

I'm going to put it all together next week at my retreat in Wisconsin!!

Happy New Year everyone! 2016 will be great! Life is good!!

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your Angel Food turns out, it's a great quilt....I should look in my stash, I probably have the border fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you did right for the kit Randy ! Your top is beautiful !
    And your others beige blocks are stunning !!
    I wish you all the best for this new year !!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt, but still don't understand the overpriced kits! Your's will look just as wonderful once it is quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are wonderful! I agree with Lori, a pattern as simple as that?! You still have to do all the cutting and sewing...Happy New Year, Cher ami!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the most simple design is the way to go--love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH....uh......uhm......Now I'm jealous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your knock-off is just as cozy as the pricey kit. : )
    Angel Food is going to be delightful, with it's muted fabrics. Will it make you hungry to think of that name every time you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE both of your quilts ... knock off and Angel Food. Angel Food is neat for those low volume neutrals I've been stashing ... will have to look for the pattern! Happy New Year to you ... enjoy Wisconsin ... I believe they have about the same amount of snow as we do here in Northern Michigan. Linda

    ReplyDelete