Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

A little mini

I'm participating in a holiday swap with my Wisconsin friends that is to be a 12" block mounted and framed. I had a tough time deciding on what to make since they are all such great quilters!! The bar is high!
I chose a Kim Deihl pattern from her new book. Now I'm struggling trying to find the perfect frame! 12x12 is not an easy size to find.
Hopefully this will pass muster!


The baskets are each 3"! It was really fun to make. I sewed down the handles while watching a little TV, which I don't often get to do.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! We had all our kids, my mom and our three darlings so it was quite a crowd. The darlings stayed with us a couple extra days so that was special!

We are off tomorrow for our annual Paris trip and I'm quite excited. I'm busy packing a little package for my dear friend Will who I am very excited to see again.

Here are a few  more favorites from the quilt show that I didn't post before:

I love this color combination 




This is just too cute:

9 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful holiday in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mini! I love those little baskets--nice project...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute little basket quilt, Randy! I love it!
    Have a great time in Paris.
    I especially love the feathered star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mini quilt ! So amazing....
    Take warm clothes because it's cold now in France !! Have lovely days in Paris... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mini quilt is too cute! Enjoyed seeing more quilts from the show too. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great mini. Usually faming places can do whatever size frame you need.
    Have fun in Paris. Thanks for showing all the lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little baskets are so cute. Great job! Thanks for sharing the pictures of the lovely quilts.
    Amuses-toi bien à Paris :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your little basket quilt! Paris! Have a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete