Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Great visit with my old friend

I don't know where to start.  It's been a very eventful week!

My old friend Bonnie Hunter was teaching at Asilomar this week and she was able to fly in a couple of days early and spend some time together at my house.  We had a blast.  The weather wasn't great but we managed nevertheless to enjoy the time.

On Thursday, when it was really pouring, we decided to pamper ourselves (did I need much convincing?? NO NO NO) and we went to my favorite local place for massages and then an outdoor hot tub!!  WOOHOO!!



Many of you know that I have extremely curly hair and I've recently been having it blown straight about once a week.  Well, I wasn't about to let that rain curl my hair so... picture this... we are out in the hot tub, pouring rain, and there I am with a SHOWER CAP on!! Anything to preserve the hair, right??!!  Good thing there were no cameras!!  It was a sight to see.

We had lunch when Bonnie first arrived in the charming little beachside town of Capitola.  There are these adorable houses with the most beautiful colors...


Bonnie was hard at work with her blog posts and her hexies while I was busy working on my basket creation!  It's almost done..
.
I'm happy to report that I dug into my orphan block piles and found several blocks that are at least 15-20 yrs old and incorporated them into this project!  I am shaking my head wondering WHY I couldn't have just made 16 blocks that matched each other in pattern and size... UGH.  I guess that's just not my personality... if only...



Sadly I wasn't able to take Bonnie down to Asilomar myself as we had tickets to see Elton John in Las Vegas and my other dear old friend Claire offered to take Bonnie there.

I'll post pictures from Vegas... there were quilting patterns everywhere!

11 comments:

  1. Nice!! I see some cute quilts on the wall. Glad you and Bonnie had fun in spite of the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to spend time with good friends! And what a friend to have in Bonnie! I love the varying sizes of your baskets! No doubt you had fun at your concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a chance to visit with your friend Bonnie! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall! I bet there were lots of giggles! I love love love your baskets! The variety of sizes and shapes make this such a fun quilt. It wouldn't be nearly as interesting if they were all the same size! Bet you had a great time at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spending time with dear friends, it can't get any better. And yes, it is absolutely about the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun time with Bonnie! Your baskets quilt is so happy and eclectic---love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you'll find a way to get the baskets looking great in one quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Randy, I can so completely relate to your story about the shower cap. Only those of us that deal with hair that turns into a bush in the face of moisture can understand the lengths to which we will go to preserve a "do".
    Sounds like you and Bonnie had a good time. Glad you got to connect.
    How was the concert?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun! A Bonnie visit and Elton John - you are on a roll! I adore your baskets and the setting. Now that is my kind of quilt! You just can't beat pot luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had time to spend together ... friends are SO important!! LOVE your basket project! I also have curly hair but I just don't "fight" it anymore ... try and work with it as best I can ;-) Sounds like the Elton John concert was a lot of fun, too ... hard to believe he's retiring!! ENJOY it all!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cobbled basket quilt in progress. So much personality!
    Fun to have your friend Bonnie spend some time with you. She is one busy cookie. Smiles for your Sunday from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you two had a wonderful time. The baskets quilt is very pretty. Looking forward to your Vegas photos.

    ReplyDelete