Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

A felting we will go!

Happy Monday!! I have one more week before I leave on my fabulous Wisconsin retreat with some friends. I'm busy trying to plan my projects. I find deciding what to sew is the hardest part for me. So much fabric, so many choices. So last week, after reading a blog on minis, I decided I just needed to sit down and sew. And I did. I made a small top with 6" blocks. The colors don't look very true in the picture, unfortunately. I love the border fabric, which (if you look closely you will see what I mean) I did not have enough of for all 4 sides!! vbg.


And while we were driving back from Sunriver last weekend, rather than hexagons, I was finishing an old knitting project. I love making something out of wool and then felting it. So forgiving. (since I'm such a lousy knitter I need all the help I can get!!)  I found the most adorable buttons at a sewing/craft show last week. Isn't this adorable?? I can't wait to use it. In fact, I have an appt with my ob/gyn today (tomorrow will be worse---dentist appt!!) so I'm going to transfer my purse contents and use it today! Need to figure out a way to make the day exciting, right?? A new handbag! And aqua blue, too!!


Of course I think the colors are fabulous!

And, lest you think I forgot, here's last week's picture of my darling grandson, Ryan, at the park. He loves pushing the stroller into something to crash it! Such a sweet boy. I don't know what I'll do without him for the week of the retreat. UGH!! I don't think my daughter will let him come with me.

Hope everyone has a glorious Monday. We are enjoying fabulous weather and I may even head over to the beach with a book!! YEAH.

5 comments:

  1. I think your mini looks great. So is that 4th side of the border the same fabric in a different colorway? The print looks the same, but the color doesn't. The new way the pictures enlarge on blogger won't let me get it as big as I'd like to, so I can't tell for sure.
    Fun handbag, but I think the ob/gyn visit is more inconvenient than the dentist, IMHO.
    Other than the absence of the grandson, it sounds like your week away will be wonderful! Is this a sponsored event or something you and your friends put together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that little quilt is great! Can I copy it? I made one similar, I think it was one of Lori Smith's (From My Heart To Your Hand), but not quite as scrappy. I like yours much better. And another knitting project? You're too much! Love the picture of Ryan. Keep up the good work, grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scrappy mini. Your colors look so good. Nice bag too. I like felting bags but they never seem to turn out as well as I would like. I think I leave them in too long.
    Ryan is adorable as always, no wonder you will miss him. You will be so busy sewing the time will fly. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini quilt is wonderful...I love scrappy quilts like this. Your bag is nice too!

    Ryan is a cutie....we have 6 grandchildren and are all very special...thanks for sharingyour projects and have a wonderful time on your retreat.

    I am new at your blog found you from another---I will visit you again...soon!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love your mini quilt!!!!!!! That would be fun to share and then post after we have all made them. Piffle

    ReplyDelete