Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

More sewing stuff in Paris

Look what I found walking around this morning!! I think it was a dry cleaner shop. Love the machine!!


The iron and scissors might be a bit cumbersome!

One store I love had a perfect sewing table. Lucky for me it had already been sold or I would've wanted to figure out how to get it home!


I also took a picture of the dessert treats fairly typical in Paris:

Last night we went to the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower for Bastille Day. It was without a doubt the most amazing display! Even had an orchestra playing music to accompany the fireworks! 



We are off to Germany this afternoon for the Friday wedding. We always hate leaving Paris but are looking forward to seeing Dresden, formerly part of East Germany. 

7 comments:

  1. Hello Randy !
    The iron is made in cast iron and you can open it and put in it some ember.....
    Our grandmother used them like that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely trip you are having! Those sweet treats look fantastic, as well do the firworks! enjoy hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful photos Randy! Love the vintage sewing items and iron! How many desserts have you taste tested? Those look marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to find hand cranks everywhere! : )
    That would have made a great sewing table and I am curious as to how you would have proposed to get it home.
    Wow--what a spectacular place to see fireworks. Looks like a gorgeous display!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are having sew much fun! I would want to try all of those treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are having a wonderful time in Paris. Spectacular fireworks and desserts! Do they give out samples? No wonder men were the tailors, only they could have used those huge shears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that sewing machine :0) ( 128) It was my mother in laws and I found it in her garage asked if I could have it and she gave it to me! It was her mother's ! 1925 I believe. Lucky me :0).
    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete