Pages

Friday, April 26, 2019

Humble Quilts doll quilt swap

My friend Lori (humblequilts) organized another doll quilt swap this year (I think I got in just under the wire... or even after, truth be told).  Thank you, Lori!

I returned from the cabin last night to a most wonderful package-- I got an adorable Lori Smith doll quilt from Montana Weber in Minnesota.



I think I even have some of these fabrics.  I always love pink and brown together.  I'm very happy and can't wait to hang it on the wall.

I've been busy finishing up my doll quilt for mailing out to Maine.  I think it will be all complete and ready to go tomorrow.  just sewing down the binding.  I am excited to send this off but sad to see it go.  I have loved making this little quilt.

Here's just a corner with my very pedestrian quilting skills evident:


My Pam Buda project is done and I will post a picture this weekend.  I apologize for not having followed the rules (once again).  I didn't go in order--I skipped a few projects ahead and opted for the little 3 log cabin blocks.  My attempt at the potholder method of quilting didn't turn out half bad...

I need to whip up a bag to donate to an auction I always participate in--has to be done this weekend.  Better get cracking!

6 comments:

  1. Both pretty doll quilts. The swap is always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sweet, vintage looking quilt you received. Looking forward to seeing your finished product.
    I have only made one of the projects from the Pam Buda book. There just isn't enough hours in a day, and giving up sleep wasn't working out well. :)
    Good luck with the bag. I need to send you a photo of my Mom crocheting, using the bag you made her to tote her project to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a nice little quilt you got in the swap! I love the soft colors...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's never enough hours to do all that we want. I can easily get frustrated with trying to fit so many things in. Your new quilt from Montana is sweet and you corner tease looks super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy with deadlines. That's the fun of a Swap! Giving and receiving. You got a cute one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt you received is beautiful !!
    No doubt yours will be appreciated by your swap partner ! ;)

    ReplyDelete