Pages

Friday, February 5, 2021

Some progress

 We have been in California to visit our grandkids this past week so not much sewing going on but I did do some handsewing on the 8 hr drive. 


I finished another one of these sprigs and stars blocks. I have to rinse off the markings which I use for placement  



I’ve also been working on the curved blocks for the Cecile sew along. I have all the blocks sewn but now I’m putting them together à la Wendy Reed’s potholder method. 

I also mostly finished my January mini ( Wendy Reed is my inspiration). It just needs to be quilted. This fishy fabric was a gift from my dear friend Barb Vedder. I thought long about how to use it.  I am going to use it as a table runner (for when we eat fish?). Isn’t the fabric fun?


We are heading back to Oregon on Monday after having the grandkids over for two weekends!  Such fun. 






5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that you can spend time with your grandkids and go from OR to CA and back again. Your projects look great. That's cute fish fabric from Barb! I love your sprigs on that strong red background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that fish fabric makes a great table runner. I LOVE it! I also love your sprigs block. We sew where ever and whenever we can, don't we? Wonderful pictures with the grandkiddos. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to have some great fun together. It's also fun to share fabric and see what you can come up with. Great job on your January Mini.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me so happy to see those potholder blocks!! Not to mention those cute kids. The more of those sprigs and stars I see of yours and Glad's the more I really want to make one! Love the mini! I think you can use it for eating fish or fowl or whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo with your grandkids! Look at Zeke! so so cute.
    Your January mini looks great and what a great way to use the fishy fabric.
    your circle blocks are just fabulous with the potholder method. It is going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete