Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

A tisket, a tasket...

 Hope everyone is well and getting vaccinated!!  Here in Oregon, the vaccine is readily available.


I've gotten a little sewing done but not a whole lot.  I decided to do some circles appliqued onto 5" squares.  Great idea.  But note to self:  be sure you move your finished pieces from the cutting table when cutting!  It sure was cute! ;-(




Did you see that Temecula Quilts published a cute little basket quilt pattern?  I had to give it a try!  They are 4" fin and are just as cute as can be!



I went for a hike this weekend with a group of people and dogs were allowed--there were about 8 people and -- 18 dogs!!!  This was the view along the way!  Never tire of seeing the Cascades covered in snow.


Hope you are having a great week!

11 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a little basket pattern and this just might be the one! Thanks for sharing! I feel very lucky I've never accidentally cut anything important but I've come close! :) That view is just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those little baskets..really cute.
    The accidental cut would definitely be something I would do, too...and have...;-(((
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the death of that beautiful little circle. :^(
    Tiny little baskets are sooooo cute! (and I thought I was crazy with my little blocks, Ha!) The last picture really shows how small we are! Simply GORGEOUS!!! thanks for sharing. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad when you realize you have cut open a perfectly healthy block. Is that they mean by elective surgery?
    The baskets are adorable. Love the purples.
    Were you hikers so rowdy you needed that many dogs to keep you inline? LOL Beautiful view!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found myself saying out loud, Oh, No! It was a sweet little block. Love the baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boo hoo - your poor little circle block!
    sweet little baskets. It is hard to see, does their seam allowances come out okay? I plan to try some soon. so cute!
    that hike sounds so fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer! it is a cute block maybe a slash of black to sew it back together?! We flew very close to the Cascades today almost on our way to Wash. right over Crater Lake! The sky was crystal clear. we could see Mt. Bachelor, the 3 sisters, Mt Jefferson, Mt Hood, Mt Rainier and a few I didn't know their names Amazing! take care,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe you could add a strip to the bottom of the adorable block and call it a half moon! Love those baskets. Will start mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful landscape! Cute basket blocks too. I like Wendy's suggestion for salvaging your circle;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am concerned about the handles on your little baskets, they look like they may disappear into the seam lines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Always luvs me a good basket quilt! And those blooms in your heading picture!!! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete