Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

More eye candy

Pat put this top together from a swap that pre-dated my friendship with them. Otherwise I would've done it. I think it's adorable!


We did this dipped in chocolate swap I've complained about. This was actually the second go-around for the swap. Patsy, who owns the Homestead Retreat, came by last night to show us how she put her blocks together. I love what she did! Seems way more civilized than what I'm doing! My top has 780 4-patches which was sashed into units of 4--- I needed 195 of those units, which I did finish yesterday! Whew!! Now those units need to be sashed. That's for another retreat for sure!


She sewed 8 sets of 4 patches together without sashing in between them.

We took a drive yestersay to Reedsburg to a cute quilt shop there. 


Everyone has barn quilts in Wisconsin. I really want one!! I'd put it over my garage. You don't only see them on barns, obviously. 

On the way, we passed this adorable milk house, sitting right in front of the modern silos. This is a huge juxtaposition of time periods. The milk house dates back 100 yrs or so. 


We stopped to try to pickup snacks for our last night, thinking this place had groceries. Definitely not! This was the sign on the door into this establishment:


Sad to leave my friends and my second home in Wisconsin but I'll be happy to get home. Go Badgers! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! That 4-patch quilt is amazing. Can't wait to see yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The redwork embroidery blocks look good with the touches of blue sashing in a couple places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 4 patch is amazing and your friends are very talented !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the alternative setting for the dipped in chocolate swap. The redwork block are nice but not something I would participate in. Have to differ with you though ... Go Spartans! ALL THE WAY!!

    ReplyDelete