Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sawtooth swap!!

Okay, ready??
this is who I have signed up:
Doniene
Cyndi
Laura
Cecile
Lynda
Wendy
Kim
Grace
Jane
Joanne

Did I miss anyone??  Can you please be sure to send me your email address?
randyiris@gmail.com

Fabrics:
We are making 6" sawtooth stars in groups of 5 (five)!!
We are going to use civil war reproduction fabrics.
You can do them with dark backgrounds or light backgrounds or mix them up. that'll be fine!

Dates
Have them to me by November 30th... that's 4 weeks from now. If I have them all in time, I'll get them off to you by Dec. 3rd.  I'm going to personally delivery them to Cecile!~! 

Directions:
I use two flying geese rulers:  Open Gate (Fit to be Geese) and Quilt in a Day.
http://www.amazon.com/Quilt-Small-Flying-Geese-Ruler/dp/B0018N7ED4/ref=sr_1_1?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1446418211&sr=1-1&keywords=quilt+in+a+day+flying+geese+ruler


http://www.opengatequilts.com/catalog/i61.html

You do NOT have to have those rulers.  They only make measuring/cutting the flying geese a little bit easier.

I will post directions tomorrow, with photos!
Once you see how I recommend doing them, you can decide if you want the rulers or not.  But definitely they are not required.

Tune in tomorrow!!
Anybody else??? I can tell you that each star takes about 10 minutes total.
So five will take you less than an hour.  You can make a cute table runner with 5; or a small wallhanging!

2 comments:

  1. Phew! I'm glad I read all the way to the last sentence. I was beginning to think we needed to make 5 blocks for each person in the swap - yikes! I love making these but I'm not sure I could do 50 this month! Thanks for hosting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited. I feel silly, but I'm not sure I can explicitly say what is and is not a civil war repro fabric. I don't want anyone to be disappointed, but I am disinclined to go purchase fabric. I get: no neons, brights, etc. but how tight are these restriction?

    ReplyDelete